When to Contact NVC/DOS

Congratulations on reaching the exit door of VSC.. it's a fast ride for sure !! It will go to NVC, only briefly, and get passed onto Guangzhou.

I would not get caught up in trying to track it to GUZ.. give it about 5-6 weeks and contact DOS to see if it has arrived at GUZ.

Welcome to the next wait room... make yourself comfortable. :lol:

Well your not bothering them unless you start calling everyday. I wouldn't let anything sit for 5 or 6 weeks with out knowing what is up. Most of the time things breeze on through. But occasionaly they get caught up and need a nudge. If you let if sit then it is that much longer. Yes I would call them now and then in a couple of weeks. When you find out that it has been sent to Guangzhou it has taken 45 days in the past for receipt of P-3.

David are you working for the USCIS help line now? Thats what they say call in 30 days :lol:

It's really just a personal decision...

you either want to know where it is almost every moment.. or you just wait the average time between major points and check in on it...

I am a follower of the latter approach.. but certainly there are ways to follow the petition as it shuffles around.

I will say, also having gone through VSC.. that it should pass through NVC quickly (unless delayed by namechecks) and get to GUZ electronically... probably start your second name check prior to the physical copy getting there... I have seen this a number of times with the VSC petitioners.

You can look at my timeline for NOA2 and after to get an idea of the times for VSC.

David are you working for the USCIS help line now? Thats what they say call in 30 days <_<

147072[/snapback]

The first call I ever made to DOS was to see if the file got to GUZ.. and it had. That's how long I waited.. :D

147075[/snapback]

That's the first time anyone calls DOS :D They don't have the file before then.

David are you working for the USCIS help line now? Thats what they say call in 30 days <_<

147072[/snapback]

The first call I ever made to DOS was to see if the file got to GUZ.. and it had. That's how long I waited.. :D

147075[/snapback]

That's the first time anyone calls DOS :D They don't have the file before then.

147076[/snapback]

Meaning... after my NOA2.. I waited two months before I made my FIRST call to ANYONE.. in this case, it was DOS... and my file was in GUZ...

Thanks,guys. very informative.

Well, since my time is very flexible, I would rather keep a close eye on my case since my gg's eyes are almost half-closed waiting to be knocked awaken by apples dropping from above tree.

147078[/snapback]

Good decision...anyone who has been around this site long enough understands how volitile this process is and every case is different. Some people luck out and can blindly go along. No differntly than if I suggested to some one that all they need to take to the interveiw for supporting documents is the letter from there employer because that is all that my wife was asked for. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Good luck to you on a speedy process :rolleyes:

Guest ShaQuaNew
Today the NOA2 of my k1 case arrived. My GG(fiance) told me not to bother NVC/DOS since it says on the notice that we will be updated with info concerning processing to Guangzhou embassy in four weeks. But I am doubtful at his conclusion and need some helpful advice about when to contact NVC/DOS. Thanks.

147060[/snapback]

....well, I'm Jealous.....just another affirmation the filing through Virginia is the quicker alternative.....

...still waiting for NOA2.... :rolleyes:

Thanks,guys. very informative.

Well, since my time is very flexible, I would rather keep a close eye on my case since my gg's eyes are almost half-closed waiting to be knocked awaken by apples dropping from above tree.

147078[/snapback]

Good decision...anyone who has been around this site long enough understands how volitile this process is and every case is different. Some people luck out and can blindly go along. No differntly than if I suggested to some one that all they need to take to the interveiw for supporting documents is the letter from there employer because that is all that my wife was asked for. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Good luck to you on a speedy process :blink:

147147[/snapback]

Thanks for the blessings~~

And bless all who are pusuing love on this long road...

Today the NOA2 of my k1 case arrived. My GG(fiance) told me not to bother NVC/DOS since it says on the notice that we will be updated with info concerning processing to Guangzhou embassy in four weeks. But I am doubtful at his conclusion and need some helpful advice about when to contact NVC/DOS. Thanks.

147060[/snapback]

....well, I'm Jealous.....just another affirmation the filing through Virginia is the quicker alternative.....

...still waiting for NOA2.... :blink:

147148[/snapback]

Virginia?? Vermont ba.

Don't worry, the reunion day will come soon~~

sit back and enjoy the ride, you seem to be on a fast track anyway.... hope it continues for you.... good luck