Guangzhou K3 processing times...

Hi all...this is my first post here as I've just been lurking for a while. Based on current processing times at MSC I'm anticipating getting my I-129F NOA2 in a week or two. Guangzhou's website says that because of heavy volumes of visa processing, to anticipate a 5 month wait for an interview AFTER receiving completed docs from the P3. Is this accurate for the K3? If it is, I'm going to go freakin nuts without my Lao Po!!!! How can they keep married families apart like that?:o Just cruel.... If anyone has any further insight on this, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

-Brent

Hi all...this is my first post here as I've just been lurking for a while. Based on current processing times at MSC I'm anticipating getting my I-129F NOA2 in a week or two. Guangzhou's website says that because of heavy volumes of visa processing, to anticipate a 5 month wait for an interview AFTER receiving completed docs from the P3. Is this accurate for the K3? If it is, I'm going to go freakin nuts without my Lao Po!!!! How can they keep married families apart like that?:o Just cruel.... If anyone has any further insight on this, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

-Brent

146786[/snapback]

Welcome to CFL - I could provide links for you to read, but try just about any topic in this forum for starters.

We are anticipating 5 months for our K-1.

. . . and grab a bag of cheetos!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

:o Welcome Aboard Brent :D

It has been that way for over a year now. You might luck out though, with the move to the new facility they might pick up the pace. Actually you already are very lucky, It took our I-129 for K-3 over 5 MONTHS to process and get NOA2 MSC has really picked up the pace in the last three months.

Good Luck

Hot damn. A man who knows his beverages. Welcome.

As a starter, take a look at peoples' timelines. Here's a good link: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12003

Times ebb and flow, but most of us have waited a year on average from first filing to visa in hand. I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but with a name like yours, I can think of several ways to pass the time.

Thank you so much everyone for the information and the heart felt welcome! This isn't exactly going to be the information my Lao Po wants to hear as she already quit her job, rented out her apartment in Shanghai and moved back home temporarily to wait for our interview! She's going to be so upset I think... :o

Edited by Beermann (see edit history)

Brent,

I think that you will find out like the rest of us here that our Chinese Brides are very Gentle, Docile, Forgiving and Understanding Women :D So I am sure she won't be upset :o

Brent,

welcome to CFL, like was mentioned before, grab some cheetos and hang on for the ride......

by the way, my wife is also in Shanghai.......

I am planning a visit to her in November

brent,

welcome to CFL .. glad to have you with us.

There is a Chinese language forum on this site, maybe she would like to post and get some feedback from other chinese ladies. You might also find someone on the board whose fiancee/wife is also waiting in the same area that she can talk to.

You will find us all in the same boat.. we will row a bit while you find a spot to sit... :o

Brent,

I think that you will find out like the rest of us here that our Chinese Brides are very Gentle, Docile, Forgiving and Understanding Women :D So I am sure she won't be upset :blink:

146805[/snapback]

Oh Gene, you devil. :P Just wait until Brent tries to explain that it'll take a minimum of another 5 months or so for the interview. I can see it now: "But Gene said you'd be gentle, docile, forgiving, and understanding." :bangin: Then he'll have to explain that he just can't make a phone call, pay some guy a few extra bucks and get the visa.