They do not need your I-134 because you can submit it privately to the consulate with out having your SO bring it.

This has happened in the past where someone said the hospital said they needed it, but I should think it is the consulate that decides this, and it says you do not, need it at the medical exam.

The P4 should have contained a list of what to bring to the exam.

This is a little confusing, on the DS-156K there is a section that list the items that must be attached to the form (and I assume these are given after the medical exam to be placed into the sealed envelope):

after question 5 there is this list (this is only a partial listing):

- birth certificate

- police cerdifices

- evidence of engagement to your fiancee

- evidence of financial support

since i will be bringing the most recent financial support information (i-134, company letter, bank letter) as well as evidence of engagement (most recent letter of intent to marry), what we are doing, is i am scanning these in, and emailing the files to her. she will then print them out and have them with her when she picks up her medical exam envelope. If they ask for these, or need to include something with the envelope, she will include the copies, along with a note saying that the orignals will be available at the interview since I will be bringing them with me.

if the originals are required for the sealed envelope, then we will need to wait until i arrive after the 28th and bring them to the hospital so they can be included in the sealed envelope.

I think that should cover us.

Just got word from my SO. The hospital doesn't put the 134 into the packet with the med docs, they simply need to veryify she has possesion of my completed 134 . They will look at it and return it to her. Also, it seems she has a form that is missing from the links and resources for p4 docs. GIV-8 !!! Anybody got one???? She said she would fax it to me but she doesnt want to spend the many money :ph34r: . I told her, honey I LISTEN TO YOU :lol: which only got me a response of YOU SAY :unsure: . Yes all is well and her thumb print is getting deeper in the top of my head. :o Good luck to all.

Just got word from my SO. The hospital doesn't put the 134 into the packet with the med docs, they simply need to veryify she has possesion of my completed 134 . They will look at it and return it to her.

147665[/snapback]

Does this mean that I have to get my I-134 notorized before my wife does the medical? We were planning on doing it after.

I also have another question about the I-134. For the last few years I have been in China and haven't filed taxes because of income requirements. I had my mother joint-file on the case, and have her I-134 notorized and ready with all the docs. When I get my I-134 notorized, I plan to have it done at the consulate in GZ and include the following letter.

To whom it may concern:

This letter is an inclusion with the I-134 affidavit of support form regarding the K3 nonimmigrant visa case of LXX JXX, case number GUZXXXXXXXXXX. The purpose of this letter is to give an explanation as to why no supporting financial documents are included.

For the last two years, I have been an independent student and part time volunteer teacher in China and the United States. Because of this, I have not made sufficient income required to file United States federal income tax, as published on page 12, chart A of the 1040 IRS instruction booklet. The reasons for my temporary stays in China were to build and sustain a loving relationship with my wife and her family and to be with her while waiting through the prolonged visa application process.

To supplement the financial stipulations on the case, my mother, SXXXXX LXX JXXXXXXXX, has filed an additional I-134 affidavit of support, which fully meets the requirements.

Sincerely,

JXXXXXXXX EXXXXX JXXXXXXXX

So, my question is this: Will the VO accept this for the financial requirements? Also, becasue I've been in China, will they also question my residency? I've heard of cases being denied because the petitioner did not demonstrate a domicile in the united states. In all my forms, I put down my address as in the United States.

also, if you have any sugestions on how to improve the letter, I'd really apreciate it! Thanks!

Edited by Barey Jones (see edit history)
Just got word from my SO. The hospital doesn't put the 134 into the packet with the med docs, they simply need to veryify she has possesion of my completed 134 . They will look at it and return it to her. Also, it seems she has a form that is missing from the links and resources for p4 docs. GIV-8 !!! Anybody got one???? She said she would fax it to me but she doesnt want to spend the many money  :lol: . I told her, honey I LISTEN TO YOU  :P  which only got me a response of YOU SAY  <_< . Yes all is well and her thumb print is getting deeper in the top of my head.  ;)  Good luck to all.

147665[/snapback]

Glad to hear someone else caught in the "I listen to you; you say" circle of trust.. :P

GIV-8 : Medical Exam instructions.

I-134: I have read of others who were asked for the I-134.. the best response to the medical people seems to be, "it's in the mail to me for the interview"... or, "My fiancee is coming to china for the interview and is bringing it".

My SO will not have this for the exam...

GIV

The way my SO explains it to me, is, She can have her medical exam done, but the papers will not be released to her until she shows the 134 at the hospital. How can the U.S. Government require me to show sensitive material concerning my life, to an unbonded stranger in a country half way around the world????? I feel the same way about prying eyes on my 134 and assets. Yes, I can submit the 134 to the consulate and circumvent the need to show it to the hospital staff. But with the time frame (interview 8am,monday, sept 12,) I doubt they would recieve it in time (no faith in the postal service or GZ). Like many of you, I had intended to bring my 134 and supporting doc's with me for her interview. But under the circumstances, I see no alternative but to submit. Otherwise, it means more time spent in GZ away from my SO's family during my stay. Not to mention Hotel and travel expenses to GZ to return after her medical to show the 134 for the release of her medical results. My SO's interview is on a monday, and she says the hospital is (closed saturday and sunday???). Given this, to bring my 134 with me and wait to pick up her med doc's, I would need to stay in GZ from at minimum, Friday sept 9th (get med doc's) until wedesday sept 14th, (get visa). I would rather spend as much time with her family in her home town as possible, which is a 14 hour bus ride from GZ.

Not knowing what the GIV-8 says, I dont truly know my options.

Not knowing what the GIV-8 says, I dont truly know my options.

148041[/snapback]

There's at least three hospitals in GUZ... if it were me (as we did with the BJ facilities), I would have my SO call each one. See if one of them states they don't require it.. go there.

Fujian Provincial Hospital

#134 Dongjie, Fuzhou, Fujian

Tel: (0591) 7557768-8065 (for appointment)

Price: RMB1200 for adult, RMB800 for child

Health Care Center of Guangzhou

#33 Shamian North Street, Shamian Island,

Guangdong International Travel Tel: (020) 81219500, 81219513

Price: RMB800 for adult, RMB500 for child

First Hospital of Guangzhou

#151 Yan Jiang Xi Road, Guangzhou

Medical College Tel: (020)83337750-7098

Price: RMB600 for adult, RMB300 for child

More confused by the minute. Does the paperwork submitted to the hospital for the medical package need my I-134 and all supporting docs????

Has anyone compiled a complete list of what papers go to the hospital with K-1 SO?????

Thanks

146662[/snapback]

What hospital was this your SO is scheduled with ??

In another thread, two recently got their physicals.. so trying to see if they needed to supply the I-134 or not...

Those were Fijian and First Hospital...

---

To answer the original post... here is what I have pieced together so far...although you will receive more than this in the P4, like instructions for medical (GIV-8)... But read all instructions from P4...

K1, K3:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary’s Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-167 (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (do not sign)

b. DS-156K in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese (sign)

c. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign)

d. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (signed)

e. Medical docs from P4 (Instructions and worksheet)

6) DS-230, Part II (CR1 only)

7) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

CR1 - If you have vaccinations available, bring to hospital.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Not confused anymore thanks to Impatient"s SO. Thanks Bill and YuNan.

Definate no need for 134 at:

First Hospital of Guangzhou  #151 Yan Jiang Xi Road, Guangzhou Medical College  Tel: (020)83337750-7098

Price: RMB600 for adult, RMB300 for child.

Good luck to all!!!!!!

148295[/snapback]

You are very welcome

Bill