another medical question

Ok, taking everybody's advice, we will not schedule the medical check for the day before the interview. For some reason that's the way I thought it was done. Now we'd like to get it taken care of early. We live in Shenzhen, so it's not much trouble to go to Guangzhou, but staying in a hotel can get expensive. So, if we go to GZ just for the medical check, about how many days are we gonna be stuck there waiting for results? I really don't know how this works. I thought you got the examination and then they sealed everything up in an envelope all in the same day. I now believe I'm mistaken, but hopefully you can give me some more precise information about how long the whole process takes from beginning to end.

Thanks,

Xulei.

Jingwen and the kids made a separate trip to Guangzhou for the medical exams, but they stayed with Jingwen's niece, so they did not incur hotel costs - just the cost of bus fare. We wanted to make sure that we had enough time to correct any medical problems before the interview had they arisen. But, she did not go back to the hospital for the results during that first trip. Later, after I arrived in China, we then all headed to Guangzhou, settled in to organize all the paperwork, and got the results (a few vaccinations) and the sealed medical envelope.

Jingwen and the kids made a separate trip to Guangzhou for the medical exams, but they stayed with Jingwen's niece, so they did not incur hotel costs - just the cost of bus fare.  We wanted to make sure that we had enough time to correct any medical problems before the interview had they arisen.  But, she did not go back to the hospital for the results during that first trip.  Later, after I arrived in China, we then all headed to Guangzhou, settled in to organize all the paperwork, and got the results (a few vaccinations) and the sealed medical envelope.

146612[/snapback]

Hi Frank,

Two questions:

1) Wasn't most of the paperwork already sealed inside of the medical envelope?

2) How long after she had the exam did you pick up the results?

Thanks!

Jingwen and the kids made a separate trip to Guangzhou for the medical exams, but they stayed with Jingwen's niece, so they did not incur hotel costs - just the cost of bus fare.  We wanted to make sure that we had enough time to correct any medical problems before the interview had they arisen.  But, she did not go back to the hospital for the results during that first trip.  Later, after I arrived in China, we then all headed to Guangzhou, settled in to organize all the paperwork, and got the results (a few vaccinations) and the sealed medical envelope.

146612[/snapback]

Hi Frank,

Two questions:

1) Wasn't most of the paperwork already sealed inside of the medical envelope?

2) How long after she had the exam did you pick up the results?

Thanks!

146891[/snapback]

The paperwork was not assembled when the exam was conducted. Rather, it was done when we went to get the results. If memory serves, there was about a 7-10 lag between the time the medical was conducted and when we went to get the results and have the paperwork assembled into the sealed envelope.

We went for the medical Monday morning. Several other SOs were there. Take a number. In my case, another man and I went to the bank a few blocks up the river to pay the visa fee. She finished shortly thereafter.

We returned Wednesday to pick up the documents and the interview was Thursday.

My wife and I just did this last week. We are in Shenzhen as well. We just took the train up to GZ on Tuesday. The process went pretty smoothly, about an hour if I remember correctly. They told us to come back 2 days later (Thursday) at 4pm to pick up the results. They also gave us an instruction form telling us exactly what to bring to place in the sealed envelope when we came to pick up the results. We came back to Shenzhen so as not to have to pay for a hotel, and then returned Thursday to pick up the results. They placed all the documents in a sealed envelope, and that was it.

Now we only have 1 more thing to worry about, the interview is Tomorrow!!! :D :D

My wife and I just did this last week.  We are in Shenzhen as well.  We just took the train up to GZ on Tuesday.  The process went pretty smoothly, about an hour if I remember correctly.  They told us to come back 2 days later (Thursday) at 4pm to pick up the results.  They also gave us an instruction form telling us exactly what to bring to place in the sealed envelope when we came to pick up the results.  We came back to Shenzhen so as not to have to pay for a hotel, and then returned Thursday to pick up the results.  They placed all the documents in a sealed envelope, and that was it.

Now we only have 1 more thing to worry about,  the interview is Tomorrow!!!  :P  :lol:

147041[/snapback]

Good luck on your interview tomrrow Bill!!

My fiancee just went to do the medical exam today, from Shenzhen to Guangzhou. She took the train to Guangzhou and back in the same day.

While there, she also checked out the new consulate building, checked out a few hotels, and went wedding dress shopping :rolleyes:

She will go back on friday to pick up the results.

She was pretty tired after a full day of travel, poking, shopping etc.

I'll see what more I can find out tomorrow.