Police reports subject again

I asked this question in the past and got mixed responses from everyone here and from the DOS... It was my thougth my lovely one wouldn't need a police report from the cities she lived in the US when she attended school. I still beleive this, but since the interview is next month, I thought maybe we should try.... actually my lady felt that way and I supported her. A lawyer told me I could not get them from the US.

Well, I did get one today.from 2 cites, Berkely and SF. So hopefully this can help someone in the future if tis question comes up again.

I don't think they will ask for them, but it is better to be safe than sorry on that subject. I think we have our ducks in a row now... we will just have to wait and see.

in the instructions in my packet, they say specifically that there is no requirement for any from U. S. cities, I guess that is because of the NCIC check they do.... anyway, I don't disagree with you, nothing wrong with having more than they ask for......

She has a name check through NVC and GUZ.. how many more do you want? :ph34r:

Don't worry about it.. it's stated in the FAQ as not needed.. :ph34r:

146482[/snapback]

I called DOS 3 different times with 3 different agents, I didn't ask shawn when I had the chance... but 2 of the 3 said I needed them, one said no.

I asked wouldn't the prior check by the NVC and other checks suffice. I was told no. Well, it didn't take too much effort and I got them... I will express them to her. She will feel better.... we all know that when the lady love is happy we can be happy... She doesn't know I got them yet, but I know she will be happy... they only cost $15 total for 2, not including the express charges, but I get a discount because of my company. Maybe many here don't have the concerns I have about her being in the country before... either way, one less thing to worry about.

Curious how you possilby got police records for someone else, with all the regulations now popular about protecting people's identity...

146636[/snapback]

Actually, she had to write a letter requesting it and send her driver's liscense. She sent it to me and I sent along my DL and a letter explaining what was needed.. and of course checks for this information they sent it to my house, now I will forward onto her with final documents I need to send to her, ... ie final phone records and a few other things.

don't forget to get rid of those old cheetos bags, clean everything, and hurry up and wait!!!

Best wishes for a successful interview and a speedy journey to you for her!!!

She has a name check through NVC and GUZ.. how many more do you want?   :D  

Don't worry about it.. it's stated in the FAQ as not needed..   :D

146482[/snapback]

Since you have not gone to your interview yet, let me you warn you about something.

Security checks can become a problem. NVC/GZ is meaningless for your AOS. Just a heads up.

You ain't done yet, despite what you think. (Your mileage may vary)

Edited by Stats (see edit history)