Medical exam questions

Interview is just around the corner, so I've got some medical exam questions:

1) Is there any reason why we should schedule the medical exam more than one day before the interview? I mean, is there ever a situation where the exam presents a problem and she is asked to return to the hospital the following day?

2) There are two hospitals to choose from in GZ. Is one more preferable than the other, besides the 200 kuai difference in price?

3) What if she does not have records of her vaccination history, but a pretty good idea of the shots she has had? (Also, her dad says she had the Measels shot, but not Mumps and Rubella. I thought MMR were always done together. Did any of your SOs also only get the Measels shot as kids?)

4) Does somebody at the hospital put EVERYTHING in order for the interview, including financial stuff, evidence, etc. or just the medical stuff?

Thanks. Have a couple more questions today, but I'll include them in a different thread.

Cheers!

Yes, Bloodwork typically takes 2-3 days to get the results back. Any vaccinations you might wish to have will take longer for the hospital to create a vaccination booklet for you. You do not need the vaccinations for your Visa... But you will need them for the AOS later on... Its cheaper to get the shots in China , then the USA.. Make sure they are translated in English. The P4 package has a list of the paperwork to bring to the Medical exam...forms and financial papers/W-2 I believe are on the list of items to bring.. No photos or phone records or emails are needed at the exam.. those you will bring with you to the interview.. The intent to marry update letter from your Petitioner was not asked for at my SO's exam. I wouldnt cut it that close to the interview.. You can get the exam in done now if your SO is close to one of the hospitals on the list she was sent....

Edited by Steve and Qingqing (see edit history)

To schedule the exam the day before the interview is assuming you can get the expedited service pickup for same day... I am not sure you can do that, as I thought most are next day pickup... maybe money talks.

But if they insist you must wait one day for pickup, then your interview needs to be at least two days prior.

The main problem I have seen in past posts is forgetting a document or a document is too old. Then your SO is scrambling to find the form and fill it out, etc...

I would say three days in advance gives you enough time for something unforeseen.

Interview is just around the corner, so I've got some medical exam questions:

1) Is there any reason why we should schedule the medical exam more than one day before the interview?  I mean, is there ever a situation where the exam presents a problem and she is asked to return to the hospital the following day?

4) Does somebody at the hospital put EVERYTHING in order for the interview, including financial stuff, evidence, etc. or just the medical stuff?

Cheers!

146253[/snapback]

1) The reasons are as unknown as the terror you would face if you needed something and only scheduled the medical one day prior. Why risk it?

4) The medical collects the proper P-4 paperwork, they certainly do not collect everything.

The 'everything' category should be carried by your SO in the event she is asked by the VO to provide who knows what?