finally moving

well we finally got the approval after 4 months sitting at CSC the lawyer sent me a note saying petition has been approved so i guess we need to wait for 30 days for the VC to send me a letter... (my thumbs are twiddling patiently)

i just got home from beijing on sunday and it seems harder then before i left to cope without her.

the lawyer is still saying march/april interview....

here is a question for you guys

what happens if she gets her k1 visa in hand and we get married over in china for her family. is that possible to not officially tie a knot over there.....how does US see that....

sorry my ignorance :(

Edited by izus (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
well we finally got the approval after 4 months sitting at CSC the lawyer sent me a note saying petition has been approved so i guess we need to wait for 30 days for the VC to send me a letter... (my thumbs are twiddling patiently)

i just got home from beijing on sunday and it seems harder then before i left to cope without her.

the lawyer is still saying march/april interview....

here is a question for you guys

what happens if she gets her k1 visa in hand and we get married over in china for her family. is that possible to not officially tie a knot over there.....how does US see that....

sorry my ignorance :D

145147[/snapback]

I empathize with you on leaving China again as I also just returned. We all would like to have things move faster than they will, but must also be very careful that we don't upset the US protocol for a fiance visa. Clearly, what the US doesn't know....well, you know the rest. But, if you have an official ceremony in China and the US catches wind of it, then you must start over again filing as a married couple.

To overcome this, my SO and I had a wonderful engagement party attended by her family members and friends over the course of my visit. The US has no concern over unofficial ceremonies, but just be careful as to not submit photos or language to them that indicates that you were actually married there. If someone in official capacity in the US catches wind of it, it may well delay your process.... :(

Good news I think. Ceremonial weddings are quite common - had one myself. One thing to remember though, while it may not be an official legal wedding in the eyes of the law, your SO will think so. :( As a matter of fact, yesterday was our 3rd unofficial wedding anniversary. We celebrate this one rather than our legal wedding in the US.

it can give you yet another reason to celebrate!!!!