My wife has been in the US since early March. We submitted all the AOS paper work. Recently we had the Biometrics done. Now we are just waiting to be notified for the interview for Green Card.

What happens next?

If we get the Green Card what restrictions if any are there?

Ken

143742[/snapback]

Basically, you have a long way go, or maybe not. It all "depends"

Look here for AOS info, and do some research:

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html

After doing that, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

My wife has been in the US since early March. We submitted all the AOS paper work. Recently we had the Biometrics done. Now we are just waiting to be notified for the interview for Green Card.

What happens next?

Ken

143742[/snapback]

Basically, you have a long way go, or maybe not. It all "depends"

Look here for AOS info, and do some research:

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html

After doing that, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

143745[/snapback]

Thanks Stats. I had read through that site previously

What happens next?

Ken

143742[/snapback]

Next thing will be a NOA to give you an interveiw date. Depending on what part of the country you are in will depict the speed. In the Northwest here it goes pretty quick, 4 months from NOA1 to Interveiw date. Some people have posted here 1 to 2 years to get interview date.

As far as restrictions after you get the Green Card, the only thing I am aware of is to change address if you move. Travel, Work no problem.

What happens next?

Ken

143742[/snapback]

Next thing will be a NOA to give you an interveiw date. Depending on what part of the country you are in will depict the speed. In the Northwest here it goes pretty quick, 4 months from NOA1 to Interveiw date. Some people have posted here 1 to 2 years to get interview date.

As far as restrictions after you get the Green Card, the only thing I am aware of is to change address if you move. Travel, Work no problem.

143755[/snapback]

I have heard the term conditional Green Card??????

Depending on the length of time between marriage and the green card, your wife will either be a conditional legal permanent resident (for two years) or a legal permanent resident.

If she gets the two year green card, you will have to file to remove the conditions after which she will get a 10 year green card. Other than that, there's no difference.

Depending on the length of time between marriage and the green card, your wife will either be a conditional legal permanent resident (for two years) or a legal permanent resident.

If she gets the two year green card, you will have to file to remove the conditions after which she will get a 10 year green card.  Other than that, there's no difference.

143762[/snapback]

Thanks Frank!