The Line at the consulate

I Flew in on Wen the 29th. We hurried to get our overcoming documents together then went and stood online to turn them in. Took about an hour to get to the window. We we told to return on Fri to get our results.

Now my Funny hunny had told me we did not want to get called early on Fri because that meant we were sure to get a blue slip. She told me that the girls on 001 said the pink slips mostly come at the end. Well guess what, we were the first name called and damn if we didnt get the blue. First gd time i get pick first for anything.

So, off to Shanghai for my job interview and lots of pictures and recipts. We flew back into Gz on Sunday and started to repackage all our overcoming docs. She had been talking to a man many of the girls on 001 know. He has help many of them prepare their paperwork. He came over to our hotel and looked at the mounds of evidence we had and started trimming it down. He did not want our ask for anything. I was concered we had culled our stuff down to much, but i went with his advice. Only took about half of what i had gathered as evidence. Took all the doc's to the window on monday (another 1 1/2 on line at the consulate) We were told to return on Wen at 4pm.

Wednesday we Got to the waiting area outside where you listen for your name to be called. I would guess that there were over 200 people. As they started calling names it was only blue slip after blue slip. Funny hunny was so nervous she was shaking. About 3/4 of the way we saw the first pink slip. Then it was pink pink pink.. only a few blues were given out near the end. With about 10 people left we were called to the window, and we got our pink slip. Told to go the post office to pay for the Visa then we will receive it in 2 working days. The post office closes at 5 and it was 10 minutes after 5 when we got there. Hunny just busted through the line as only an excited chinese girl can and got a number, then waited to go inside to pay. (cant wait to take her to an amusement park, we will be first in line for everything lol ) Looks like the post office stayed open to let all the new visa people pay thier fee.

So i guess the moral of the story is...

When in China feel free to bust to the front of the line, just not at the consulate window.

Regards from Guz,

Jim

Edited by jimglot (see edit history)

Yes I enjoyed reading it and you told it well. I especially liked your mention of going through a line as "only a Chinese girl can". Boy does that bring a flood of memories. :ph34r:

You also bring up a good point. It does no good to have so much with you that the VO is overwhelmed and doesn't want to wade through it. Have something for each question that may come up and have it easy to get to. Keep it simple might be a good motto here.

Jim, congratulations.... way to hang in there.... someone asked about the overcome docs... what did you need?

Jim, congratulations.... way to hang in there.... someone asked about the overcome docs... what did you need?

143405[/snapback]

Hank

To tell you the truth i'm not sure what they wanted. I just gave them more pictures of us on vacation, more recipts, more letters from our family and friends and a letter saying i was taking the job in Shanghai. What pushed them over the edge is anyones guess.

Regards from Guz,

Jim

143405[/snapback]

Hank

To tell you the truth i'm not sure what they wanted. I just gave them more pictures of us on vacation, more recipts, more letters from our family and friends and a letter saying i was taking the job in Shanghai. What pushed them over the edge is anyones guess.

Regards from Guz,

Jim

143417[/snapback]

Jim... the main thing that pushed them over the edge was your persistence.... way to go!!!!

but I am still a little curious as to what they said was needed!!!

Anyway, everyone seems very happy for you guys..... I really look forward to seeing you and your wife in Shanghai in November!!

143405[/snapback]

Hank

Regards from Guz,

Jim

143417[/snapback]

Jim... the main thing that pushed them over the edge was your persistence.... way to go!!!!

but I am still a little curious as to what they said was needed!!!

Anyway, everyone seems very happy for you guys..... I really look forward to seeing you and your wife in Shanghai in November!!

143424[/snapback]

we just discussed it in the chat room...

it's just a smoking gun they are waving around...

Jim showed up like the 'man with no name' and put up one finger for a single GUZ coffin...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)