Another AOS Q's

Brief update first... Min and Wangwang arrived in the US on July 21st at NYC. We stayed at the Doubletree in Midtown Manhatten and they mostly slept the next few days. We did get in a few hours of sight seeing. It was a very hot and humid weekend so they preferred staying inside, which was A-OK with me.

We got married the following weekend in Beantown with both our daughter in attendance.

We are currently enjoying each others cooking styles...

I am ready to start preparing the AOS paperwork... I have the following forms:

G-325 Biographic

I-131 Advanced Parole

I-485 AOS

I-765 EAD

I-864 Affidavit Of Support

am I forgetting anything...I am sure once I get into these forms indepth I will have more q's or confusion.

quick question on innoculations required for K1'rs Since we have a K2'r getting ready to start school in the near future, she will be required to have certain shots before she can start school... will they make her get these shots again when they go for thier medical exam (that they already had in GZ)?

Also what is the protocol or ideal practice that follows once the AOS is submitted?

Thanks

Keith-N-Min

First, congratulations and best wishes to you and Min.

This link is one of the best checklists that I've seen: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3980 Just remember that fees have changed, and I think where you send the AOS forms may have changed as well.

As far as shots go, I had the same issue when my step son started school. We took his shot record (part of his shots were received in China, part after he arrived) to county health with the school form. The assistant checked the record against the form and said he needed a few more shots. None was duplicated. Also, while it sometimes varies, a K-1 and K-2 don't usually need a full medical exam for AOS - just the I-693 vaccination supplement filled out by your civil surgeon of choice. Shop around until you find someone who knows that a full medical exam is not needed.

Lastly, as to your question about what to do after you file, remember what you did after you filed the I-129F? Does "wait" ring a bell? Hopefully, the wait won't be as long this time.

Glad you guys are finally together.

First, congratulations and best wishes to you and Min.

This link is one of the best checklists that I've seen:  http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3980  Just remember that fees have changed, and I think where you send the AOS forms may have changed as well.

As far as shots go, I had the same issue when my step son started school.  We took his shot record (part of his shots were received in China, part after he arrived) to county health with the school form.  The assistant checked the record against the form and said he needed a few more shots.  None was duplicated.  Also, while it sometimes varies, a K-1 and K-2 don't usually need a full medical exam for AOS - just the I-693 vaccination supplement filled out by your civil surgeon of choice.  Shop around until you find someone who knows that a full medical exam is not needed.

Lastly, as to your question about what to do after you file, remember what you did after you filed the I-129F?  Does "wait" ring a bell?  Hopefully, the wait won't be as long this time.

Glad you guys are finally together.

142957[/snapback]

I feel pretty uninformed. What is the AOS?

We are waiting for the K-3 visa. After Zhenshu gets that, and is able to come here, there are other documents and processes to go through?

It is this ever "over?"

I feel pretty uninformed.  What is the AOS?

We are waiting for the K-3 visa.  After Zhenshu gets that, and is able to come here, there are other documents and processes to go through?

It is this ever "over?"

143553[/snapback]

Most often, AOS refers to adjustment of status. It is the process of adjusting one's status from non immigrant to immigrant and is used to convert a person coming the the US on a non immigrant visa such as a K-1 or K-3 to a legal permanent resident.

Just a reminder. Since you are K-3, you also have the I-130 going through the system. A person who comes to the US off the I-130 will enter the US as a legal permenant resident and will not have to adjust status after arrival. Many folks use the K-3 visa to enter the US because it is usually issued before the I-130 is fully processed.

It is ever over? Eventually. I guess full citizenship is the final chapter in the book, but many stop at legal permanent resident.