I have sent the following e-mail to Lisa Piascik

I plan to send the following e-mail to Lisa Piascik, and I hope that each of you will do the same. Please feel free to cut and paste from mine.

Dear Ms. Piascik:

It is my understanding that you recently sent an e-mail to a U.S. citizen concerning the unconscionable delays that many are facing in securing issuance of already-approved fiancee, and other family type visas from the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou. In that e-mail, you made the following statement:

"We are working with the relevant agencies to complete all clearance requests."

Because my fiancee is also still awaiting clearance, despite the fact that her name was originally submitted in May of 2002, and resubmitted on December 30, 2002, I would appreciate it if you would provide some additional, specific information concerning these efforts, so that I may have a better understanding as to why her visa has still not been issued, while others who have waited significantly less time have received theirs. My questions are as follows:

1. Is there a specific individual, or group of individuals within the State Department responsible for working with the relevant agencies to complete all clearance requests? If so, would you please tell me which individual, or group within the State Department is in charge of these efforts?

2. How is the State Department working with the relevant agencies to complete all clearance requests? What, precisely, is being done by the State Department to assist in the completion of all clearance requests? Is the State Department involved in these efforts on a daily basis, or is it occurring on a less frequent basis?

3. Specifically referring to my fiancee's case, what has the State Department done, and what is it currently doing to assist the relevant agencies in their efforts to complete her clearance request?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Good idea? Bad idea? What does everyone think? Please let me have your thoughts.