Washington DC security check

sorry.. mis-read post... trying again....

----

The GUZ namecheck is on beneficiary.. can include US checks in Washington as well...

Their wording makes it sound like you are [now] eligible for an interview, so 'waiting to be scheduled'...

The DOS person maybe saw something on the screen... you could call back and probably get someone else and a different piece to the puzzle.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Dailyview:

Hello- I am living proof of "Namecheck hell". The NVC in New Hampshire pulled my K-1 application out "randomly" and sent it to "Washington" to "the Agency" for secondary background check of the beneficiary.

It has been 5 months now and I have been totally stonewalled. When I asked if it was sent to Washington D.C. or the State of Washington I was told that they couldn't tell me. When I asked which (of the many wonderful Agencies our tax dollars support) Agency might be assisting us so ably, I was told that they couldn't tell me. When I asked for an estimated time; a normal or average time delay or if there was anything that I could do to facilitate this process - you guessed - they couldn't tell me. When I suggested that possibly a Senator or Representative could inquire - I was told - go ahead - we tell them the same thing that we told you.

So I eMailed in a query. Got a response back in 4 days. You guessed - "due to 9/11...yada yada yada..."

It just tears me up to be left behind in the dust - As David tracks timelines and several guys that I have met here slowly progress; I daily attempt to console my SO.

I will not be defeated by this bureaucracy!

Phil

I think the general idea is that once they ship the P3, there is an expected window of time for things to occur (ie: the retun of the P3 and the namecheck, if any).

So that a slightly longer than normal namecheck does not bump the person back on their P4/interview date since there is after all a number of months between P3 and P4...

The issue that is tough to figure out is at what point does an extended namecheck (minimally speaking in terms of days after P3) push out your P4...

So that is when it is maybe useful to find out the date of completion for the name check.. Obviously this won't change anything.. just gives you some more info.

Historically for each month of interview assignments they appear to work backwards off the stack. Previously, those who get around 40 days notice of the P4 before their Interview are then followed by those who get around 30 days notice. A P4 next week puts you at the longer end of the scale, but within past wait times. A P4 two weeks before the Interview is not unknown either.

Most people who have the namecheck problem usually got a clear indication that they are waiting for a namecheck, and were not in line waiting for an interview to be scheduled. Since you are becoming a little longer than average on the wait, an email to Guangzhou in addition to calling DOS might be worthwhile to see what their response is to the question of when you can expect an Interview.

Historically for each month of interview assignments they appear to work backwards off the stack. Previously, those who get around 40 days notice of the P4 before their Interview are then followed by those who get around 30 days notice. A P4 next week puts you at the longer end of the scale, but within past wait times. A P4 two weeks before the Interview is not unknown either.

141579[/snapback]

Sure hope your right about working backwards off the stack. The DOS agent I talked with today said GZ does monthly batches. Hopefully, they have a few left in the pile