Latest Response of USVisa@state.gov

Guest Snowbeast

Guest Snowbeast

Here is the latest response, received today just after 5:00 AM China time. Anyone care to define "much longer" for me? My fiancee also sent e-mail to them and received the form letter a while back; hence the reference to having "corresponded" with her. If they only kept such detailed records, and responded as quickly and thoroughly with the name checks as they seem to be doing with these correspondence records, there would be no need for all this. oh well...here it is.

Dear Mr. X:

This is in response to your e-mails of January 18 and 26 requesting

information about the fiancée visa application of X X. We have also

corresponded with Ms. X about this case.

Ms. X's application is still awaiting completion of required

security-related vetting through an interagency clearance process. The

request for her clearance was recently resubmitted by the U.S. Consulate in

Guangzhou. We are working with the relevant agencies to complete all

clearance requests, including that of your fiancée. I continue to hope and

trust that your fiancée's case will not be delayed much longer.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Lisa Piascik

Director

Office of Public and Diplomatic Liaison

Visa Services

Here is the latest response, received today just after 5:00 AM China time.  Anyone care to define "much longer" for me?  My fiancee also sent e-mail to them and received the form letter a while back; hence the reference to having "corresponded" with her.  If they only kept such detailed records, and responded as quickly and thoroughly with the name checks as they seem to be doing with these correspondence records, there would be no need for all this.  oh well...here it is.

Dear Mr. X:

This is in response to your e-mails of January 18 and 26 requesting

information about the fiancée visa application of X X.  We have also

corresponded with Ms. X about this case. 

Ms. X's application is still awaiting completion of required

security-related vetting through an interagency clearance process.  The

request for her clearance was recently resubmitted by the U.S. Consulate in

Guangzhou.  We are working with the relevant agencies to complete all

clearance requests, including that of your fiancée. I continue to hope and

trust that your fiancée's case will not be delayed much longer.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Lisa Piascik 

Director

Office of Public and Diplomatic Liaison

Visa Services

same stuff. Only this one is a bit shorter..

They must have forgotten to copy paste the last few paragraphs.. How sloppy :rolleyes:

Since GZ will be closed next week, we need to put all of our focus on DOS-CA. Here is a question that I will be sending by e-mail to Ms. Piascik, and I hope the rest of you will as well. And that question is: When Ms. Piascik states that "we" are working with the relevant agencies to complete all requests, who is she talking about? Is there someone at DOS-CA whose specific function it is to work with these agencies? If so, who is it? Obviously, we need to contact that person and ask alot of questions. And if DOS-CA is "working" with these agencies, what exactly are they doing?

We need to quit accepting these canned responses at face value and dig beneath the surface to get to the truth.

Since GZ will be closed next week, we need to put all of our focus on DOS-CA.  Here is a question that I will be sending by e-mail to Ms. Piascik, and I hope the rest of you will as well.  And that question is:  When Ms. Piascik states that "we" are working with the relevant agencies to complete all requests, who is she talking about?  Is there someone at DOS-CA whose specific function it is to work with these agencies?  If so, who is it?  Obviously, we need to contact that person and ask alot of questions.  And if DOS-CA is "working" with these agencies, what exactly are they doing?

We need to quit accepting these canned responses at face value and dig beneath the surface to get to the truth.

I'm with you on this one..

When Ms. Piascik states that "we" are working with the relevant agencies to complete all requests, who is she talking about?  Is there someone at DOS-CA whose specific function it is to work with these agencies?  If so, who is it?  Obviously, we need to contact that person and ask alot of questions

Who is doing the namechecks? Maybe e should be writing to the FBI and CIA. :rolleyes:

When Ms. Piascik states that "we" are working with the relevant agencies to complete all requests, who is she talking about?  Is there someone at DOS-CA whose specific function it is to work with these agencies?  If so, who is it?  Obviously, we need to contact that person and ask alot of questions

Who is doing the namechecks? Maybe e should be writing to the FBI and CIA. :rolleyes:

It's been covered before. Yes we should.. Wouldn't hurt to write Mr G-man

Yes I sent each of them a letter and Mr. Mueller also a fax in the last 2 days.  Since GZ is closed and DOS is passing the buck to whoever is doing the checks, we might as well send a few more letters to the FBI and CIA.

amen. I'll have a busy Saturday...

And Sunday.. looking for black SUV's in my parking lot... :angry: