To add a little to Chinashawn's  thread.  DCF is the fastest.  The catch which I am surprised no one else mentioned is you have to have the Chinese equivelant of a green card to file one.  A visa that allows you to legally live and work in China.  Hard to get unless you are transfered to China to work on a project of your company's for instance.

136891[/snapback]

This was mentioned in the DCF thread. :lol:

But, if one gets a job in china, and teaching has always been mentioned as quite easy to do.. one can get setup with a job and work permit easily from what I understand..

I think the two items needed are: work permit (z-visa) and a residence book.

What's the deal with the TSC? Since I live in Florida, I am geographically predisposed to go through TSC. So, I did...then, what did they do....they sent my application to CSC. So, what's up with that?
This should help you understand the government's logic: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6334 :lol:

136875[/snapback]

laughed for a long time..

Sometimes, that's all we can do to cope with the absurdity. :lol:

The responsibility for the K3's changed hands from USCIS to NVC.

Slight alphabet soup error? K-3's are filed through NBC/MSC. They normally have only minimal time passing through NVC (National Visa Center) after approval at MSC. It is also still a USCIS operation too.

136996[/snapback]

Next thing, your going to tell us that the K3 is not a petition anyway, but the I-129F is.. so we cannot even speak of K3 at NVC, MSC, NBC, USCIS, VSC, TSC, NSC, CSC ?? :lol: :huh: :lol:

but good clarification... Did NBC take it over from NVC or NVC was never really doing K3s (oops, I-129Fs) ?

NVC (National Visa Center) does the processing AFTER initial approval by the regional service centers and forwards the petition on to GUZ. acw

137015[/snapback]

What you state, sounds like I-129F for K1, since there is no mention now of NBC...

I-129F/K3 goes: Regional Visa center > NBC > NVC > GUZ , if I understood your previous 'alphabet soup' post..

NVC (National Visa Center) does the processing AFTER initial approval by the regional service centers and forwards the petition on to GUZ. acw

137015[/snapback]

What you state, sounds like I-129F for K1, since there is no mention now of NBC...

I-129F/K3 goes: Regional Visa center > NBC > NVC > GUZ , if I understood your previous 'alphabet soup' post..

137017[/snapback]

K-3 goes to NBC (National Benefits Center)/MSC (no longer considered a regional service center, I believe) to NVC to GUZ.

K-1 gets filed at the petitioner's REGIONAL Service center. Not NBC.

Hu's on first, and what letter are we missing form this alphabet soup? acw

137020[/snapback]

I think your being way too technical about this "K3" thing.

The point behind "K3" is short terminology for "Married"

the point behind the term "K1" is "Fiancee".

Otherwise, we can go off on a tangent and explain every little step of the process for the x1000 time, while the real topic matter gets over shadowed.

I know your trying to help, it's appreciated. I also keep helpful links of the "K3" process in my timeline to help other too.

Thanks. :rolleyes: The 129F basically goes out the window after approval of the I-130 anyway. It's the "advantage" of the K3 visa to have two pararell paths.

I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to be exact.. particularly if the info gets into an FAQ or someone is talking to DOS.

as an example, A K3 is not a 'petition'.. the I-129F for spouse is the petition...

This is a very minor point (maybe lost in translation) , but when talking to DOS, it's important to know the correct terms.. and avoid those that are not correct, like "DCF" and "second name check".

If I get picky in a post, I like to get correct wording sometimes... Maybe we took it too far here.

But, if one gets a job in china, and teaching has always been mentioned as quite easy to do.. one can get setup with a job and work permit easily from what I understand..

136894[/snapback]

If you get hired by a university or some institution with guanxi sometimes they can get the residence permit for you. Most teaching jobs in China though are pretty much under the table and without permit on a tourist visa.

136894[/snapback]

If you get hired by a university or some institution with guanxi sometimes they can get the residence permit for you.  Most teaching jobs in China though are pretty much under the table and without permit on a tourist visa.

137111[/snapback]

No worries here... at the time of my petition I had been working in China on a Z employment visa, with a green resident permit booklet, for nearly 3 years. My school was, fortunately, legit.

136894[/snapback]

If you get hired by a university or some institution with guanxi sometimes they can get the residence permit for you.  Most teaching jobs in China though are pretty much under the table and without permit on a tourist visa.

137111[/snapback]

No worries here... at the time of my petition I had been working in China on a Z employment visa, with a green resident permit booklet, for nearly 3 years. My school was, fortunately, legit.

137192[/snapback]

I'm a little confused. Are you still living and working in China on a Z visa? If so your best option by far is to get married and do a DCF. If you have come back to the states and the visa is still valid I doubt you can still do a DCF but I am not sure enough to advise you.

He DCFed to Beijing in Nov.. he's waiting on P4..

137407[/snapback]

Maybe I missed it in another thread but I scrolled up through this one and don't see a timeline or anything saying when he filed what. I could be getting senile though.