Students & Tourists vs. Family & Fiances

The opening page of this site has the following sentence: "However, it is difficult to be patient when thousands of student and tourist visas are being issued in many countries, including China and Russia, but family visas are held in indefinite suspension."

Is there anywhere I can get definite statistics on the timeline for these different types of visas? Or any sort of information about how long it takes to get a student or tourist visa?

Guest ShaQuaNew
The opening page of this site has the following sentence: "However, it is difficult to be patient when thousands of student and tourist visas are being issued in many countries, including China and Russia, but family visas are held in indefinite suspension."

Is there anywhere I can get definite statistics on the timeline for these different types of visas?  Or any sort of information about how long it takes to get a student or tourist visa?

136770[/snapback]

Try here:

Visa Information

Is there anywhere I can get definite statistics on the timeline for these different types of visas?  Or any sort of information about how long it takes to get a student or tourist visa?

136770[/snapback]

Try here:

Visa Information

136771[/snapback]

Student and tourist visas are likewise very difficult to impossible for Chinese people.

Vistor visas for family members of Chinese people already in the US are fairly easy, however.

136770[/snapback]

Try here:

Visa Information

136771[/snapback]

Student and tourist visas are likewise very difficult to impossible for Chinese people.

Vistor visas for family members of Chinese people already in the US are fairly easy, however.

136773[/snapback]

When did that start?

136837[/snapback]

I have a number of Chinese friends (permanent residents of the US) at work who bring family members (China residents) over for fairly long (say 1 or 2 months) visits.

They say that the visa can be acquired within a month. The resident shows financial support, the Chinese resident family member must show ties to China which will compel his/her return (a home, other Chinese resident family members, a job, etc.).

abc

I have no idea when or how that policy (or even what it is) came into effect.

I wanted to post another post to see if I could figure out how to NOT include all those quotes. Apparently you have to delete them from the "Original Post to Quote" section when you are editting.

I hope it is as easy as you make it sound, after all the hoops we must go through to get our spouses here!!!! I know my wife would love for us to bring her parents over for a visit after she and her daughter arrive..... great post!!

So am I reading this right?

No - sorry. Look again - 35 days wait for an non-immigrant visa interview appointment at Guangzhou.

These are interview appointment wait times - not total visa application processing times.

Student and tourist visas are just as difficult (if not more so) to get as K1 or K3.

Visitor visas (to visit a permanent resident who is a relative) are easy.

"You must enter a message to post" error if the quote field is empty.

But then it requires you to have SOMETHING in that field.

Seems like a bug to me.

136848[/snapback]

If you want to post , without quoting anything, to the top or bottom of the post and ADD REPLY. If you click REPLY at an individual post, it assumes you want to quote...

Randy,

you will be amazed at the knowledge base here, feel free to ask any questions related to the immigration process and your new CFL family goes to work.... heed their advice!!! :lol:

"They are very lucky to get a tourist visa. Most are denied out of hand.

Did you know that if your lady got a visitor's visa and came here how much time you could save? As long as you are a USC, you can just get married and file AOS. She stays until her green card arrives. It's perfectly legal as long as the intent in coming here to visit and then return home, but, just got caught up in the moment and ended up marrying and deciding to stay at the last minute.

Be sure to let us know how easy it was for her to get her visa. Good Luck. "

Once my fiance's K-1 visa is approved and she is granted permanent residency, we expect it will be fairly easy to get her mother a visitor's visa, so that she may visit us in the US.

The K-1 to permanent residency route is in the neighborhood of two years.

My Chinese friends went the student visa to permanent residency to visitor visa for parents route. They know what is involved.

Please read more carefully.