I would like to get some info on CR1 interviews... for the FAQs.

What sets them already apart is that they spend more time through NVC, P3 is really from NVC, and they do the AOS in NVC.

But they still have an interview in GUZ.

Is there any unique considerations for the CR1 for the interview?

Do you prepare another I-864 or use the one given to NVC?

Do you think the interview is easier or harder for certain reasons?

ANy info is appreciated...

I would like to get some info on CR1 interviews...  for the FAQs.

What sets them already apart is that they spend more time through NVC, P3 is really from NVC, and they do the AOS in NVC.

But they still have an interview in GUZ.

Is there any unique considerations for the CR1 for the interview?

Do you prepare another I-864 or use the one given to NVC?

Do you think the interview is easier or harder for certain reasons?

ANy info is appreciated...

136592[/snapback]

I am so anxious to learn the answers to your post...... similar to one I did earlier, thanks for putting this out here David ...

YES, they definitely have an interview.

I posted the results of an email to GUZ concerning the I-864 when done through NVC. If the I-864 went through NVC and is up to date for the current tax year nothing else is needed. IF it is not then the new tax return W/ W-2's is required. (Note: I did get a new I-864 w/ 2004 taxes notarized at the Shanghai Con. and they did NOT want it- just a copy of the 2004 tax return/W-2's.)

Really do NOT consider us (CR-1 @ NVC) as doing "ADJUSTMENT of Status" at NVC. This is a step of the K type visas AFTER arriving in the US as a NON-immigrant. My opinion anyways.

Interview harder? I'd like to say yes but the answer is kinda of subjective due to variations in cases, V.O.s, their present moods etc. acw

136630[/snapback]

I appreciate all your input to these issues...

so I'll dig a little more :blink:

Re: AOS for CR1 , a misnomer? No real adjustment takes place your saying.. just a paperwork step for you, that's what your getting at?

How can you adjust staus when you have none? AOS for K- visas (IF I am correct) is to adjust status from a NON-immigrant to LPR status. As a CR/IR-1 you are still applying for an IMMIGRANT visa at NVC this time. acw

136641[/snapback]

Amazing how a question can be answered with a question and then, there is no more question! :blink:

How can you adjust staus when you have none? AOS for K- visas (IF I am correct) is to adjust status from a NON-immigrant to LPR status. As a CR/IR-1 you are still applying for an IMMIGRANT visa at NVC this time. acw

136641[/snapback]

Amazing how a question can be answered with a question and then, there is no more question! :ph34r:

136643[/snapback]

but sometimes this leads to more questions... right now I think I am happy to be CR-1, but if had to do all over again... who knows????