One more marriage question

Ok, so here is what I assume to be the proper timeline -

1) I go to Chengdu and sign a certificate of marriagibility (sp?)

2) Elf goes to her hometown to fetch her "file" i.e. family records, criminal history, etc

3) We get married

4) Finish I-130, G-325A, return to Chengdu and hand in all papers

5) Go on vacation for a month with my brother and try not to stress out

6) Come home to Guiyang and find many papers with lots of strange letters and numbers to fill out.

Sound right?

-Alec & Elf

p.s. One last question - I just now (literally 30 sec ago) saw that my fiancee will need A SIGNED, HANDWRITTEN LETTER from her parents giving her permission to marry, along with FINGERPRINTS. WTF!? I havent seen this on any other webpage discussing Chinese marriage law but thats what the consulate in Shenyang says. Anyone know anything about this?

Maybe the fingerprints are part of that new DHS requirement on immigrants..... don't know about the parents permission letter unless she is under 20...

p.s. One last question - I just now (literally 30 sec ago) saw that my fiancee will need A SIGNED, HANDWRITTEN LETTER from her parents giving her permission to marry, along with FINGERPRINTS. WTF!? I havent seen this on any other webpage discussing Chinese marriage law but thats what the consulate in Shenyang says. Anyone know anything about this?

136297[/snapback]

The above quoted parent's permission and fingerprints went out the window Oct. 1, 2003.

In regards to the rest of it are you planning a direct Consualte Filing of the I-130 (Do you have a Chinese residents card to do so?) acw

136302[/snapback]

Togo

Yeah, we will do a DCF. I am an english teacher with a resident permit. We will file in Chengdu around August 3rd or 4th.

-Alec & Elf

seems you will move quicker than us unfortunates in the USA with your filing there....