AOS interview

We are just back home from our honeymoon with hundreds of pictures. Her pictures make us out of memory. :ph34r: We both feel so tired and relaxed. Food taste soooooo good at home. I have a question. For AOS interview, what evidences should be shown to the officer? Both husband and wife should go together for the interview? and will be asked questions seperately? What questions should be asked? Thanks!

We are just back home from our honeymoon with hundreds of pictures. Her pictures make us out of memory.  :huh: We both feel so tired and relaxed. Food taste soooooo good at home. I have a question. For AOS interview, what evidences should be shown to the officer? Both husband and wife should go together for the interview? and will be asked questions seperately? What questions should be asked? Thanks!

135608[/snapback]

They will interview you together. It is very easy compared to the K-visa interview. Mostly they are interested in the person adjusting status.

You will need to have evidence showing that you are a bonafide couple living together as man and wife. Things they like to see are,

Utility bills in both names

Company health insurance with her/him on it.

Joint bank accounts

Mail sent your your joint address in her/his name

House deeds or car titles in both names.

If your spouse doesn't speak English very well it is a good idea to take a translator. Technically they will not let the American spouse translate for the immigration officer although they sometimes let it slide. In our case the officer barely spoke to me. She was mainly interested in my wife and would not let me coach her. The bottom line is they want to see that you are a legitimate husband and wife.

If you provide all the things Carl just listed in his post, you should have your bases covered. I suspect different processing centers ask for different things, as do individual officers.

Our interview went smoothly. The interviewer had our file in front of him, asked how we were doing, took one look at our daughter, who was seven months old at the time, and approved the application.

I wouldn't sweat it, just take everything but the kitchen sink in case they ask for it.

cover all your bases, Carl gave some great suggestions.......