can someone provide specifics to the process once the package arrives in GUZ and timeline.......

1) I believe the application is actually sent to GUZ electronically, so that GUZ knows it coming, but will get the physical application is sent to them from NVC.

Once the physical application arrives, "it is eligible for an interview" ... this was according to a guy I talked to at DOS when I was trying to get some indication of how they set the interview dates.

2) I have heard some suggest that GUZ will start the [second] name check before the physical file arrives (?), or just after. It appears that not everyone gets this name check step, but most do.

3) A P3 (Packet 3) is sent to the chinese beneficiary, who is recommended to turn this around quickly (within a day or two). Make a copy of papers sent back.

4) Inbetween P3 and P4, maybe closer to P4... If the petitioner and beneficiary have not gotten the paperwork together for the interview, NOW IS THE TIME !

Beneficiary : birth cert, police, cert, martial status, passport pictures, passport.

Petitioner: I-134, employer letter, taxes/W2, bank letter

As well as printouts of relationship evidence,etc...

5) Then a P4 (packet 4) is sent, this is the 'appointment letter with interview date.

6) The medical exam can now be done.

Instructions in P4, what to bring.

( Vaccinations not required for K1, but consider since it is much cheapter... Can be done after the interview to see what happens first.)

7) Then interview.

8) Pickup visa two work days later.

---

See the interview thread for P3 > P4 days, and P3 > Interview days.

Seems it is about 120 and 155 days respectively. But should speed up with the consulate IV unit move.

3) A P3 (Packet 3) is sent to the chinese beneficiary, who is recommended to turn this around quickly (within a day or two). Make a copy of papers sent back.

4) Inbetween P3 and P4, maybe closer to P4...  If the petitioner and beneficiary have not gotten the paperwork together for the interview, NOW IS THE TIME !  

Beneficiary :  birth cert, police, cert, martial status, passport pictures, passport.

Petitioner:  I-134, employer letter, taxes/W2, bank letter

5) Then a P4 (packet 4) is sent, this is the 'appointment letter with interview date.

( Vaccinations not required for K1, but consider since it is much cheapter...  Can be done after the interview to see what happens first.)

7) Then interview.

---

Seems it is about 120 and 155 days respectively.  But should speed up with the consulate IV unit move.

135102[/snapback]

David,

They appear to be CR-1 to me- I-130.

No P-3.

No I-134, I-864 done at NVC.

Vaccinations REQUIRED for CR-1, but not "K" VISAS (K-1,2,3,4).

Sorry Hank I stay out of timelines- see either the member "Timeline" posts for projected P-3/4 times or individual members timelines posted. acw

4) Inbetween P3 and P4, maybe closer to P4...  If the petitioner and beneficiary have not gotten the paperwork together for the interview, NOW IS THE TIME !  

Beneficiary :  birth cert, police, cert, martial status, passport pictures, passport.

Petitioner:  I-134, employer letter, taxes/W2, bank letter

( Vaccinations not required for K1, but consider since it is much cheapter...  Can be done after the interview to see what happens first.)

7) Then interview.

---

Seems it is about 120 and 155 days respectively.  But should speed up with the consulate IV unit move.

135102[/snapback]

David,

No P-3.

Sorry Hank I stay out of timelines- see either the member "Timeline" posts for projected P-3/4 times or individual members timelines posted. acw

135230[/snapback]

seems a little more confusing now.. but since it is a CR-1 (I-130) what specifically are the requirements once the case is sent to GUZ?

4) Inbetween P3 and P4, maybe closer to P4...?If the petitioner and beneficiary have not gotten the paperwork together for the interview, NOW IS THE TIME !  

Beneficiary :?birth cert, police, cert, martial status, passport pictures, passport.

Petitioner:?I-134, employer letter, taxes/W2, bank letter

6) The medical exam can now be done.?

( Vaccinations not required for K1, but consider since it is much cheapter...?Can be done after the interview to see what happens first.)

7) Then interview.

---

Seems it is about 120 and 155 days respectively.?But should speed up with the consulate IV unit move.

135102[/snapback]

David,

No P-3.

135230[/snapback]

seems a little more confusing now.. but since it is a CR-1 (I-130) what specifically are the requirements once the case is sent to GUZ?

135547[/snapback]

For CR/IR-1; (Don't know if you want to rewrite a specific section or incorparate it into the existing FAQ's).

Simply delete the P-3- it is done at NVC not GUZ.

P-4 has all the required info for the medical and shots (a little blurry perhaps).

Indicate I-864 for CR-1.

Vaccinations ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED for all immigrant visas (except maybe asylum, newborns, pregnant women). They (initial shots) must be done to get the physical signed off for CR-1 (at least here in Shanghai). acw

4) Inbetween P3 and P4, maybe closer to P4...?If the petitioner and beneficiary have not gotten the paperwork together for the interview, NOW IS THE TIME !  

Beneficiary :?birth cert, police, cert, martial status, passport pictures, passport.

Petitioner:?I-134, employer letter, taxes/W2, bank letter

6) The medical exam can now be done.?

( Vaccinations not required for K1, but consider since it is much cheapter...?Can be done after the interview to see what happens first.)

7) Then interview.

---

Seems it is about 120 and 155 days respectively.?But should speed up with the consulate IV unit move.

135102[/snapback]

David,

No P-3.

135230[/snapback]

135547[/snapback]

For CR/IR-1; (Don't know if you want to rewrite a specific section or incorparate it into the existing FAQ's).

Simply delete the P-3- it is done at NVC not GUZ.

P-4 has all the required info for the medical and shots (a little blurry perhaps).

Indicate I-864 for CR-1.

Vaccinations ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED for all immigrant visas (except maybe asylum, newborns, pregnant women). They (initial shots) must be done to get the physical signed off for CR-1 (at least here in Shanghai). acw

135598[/snapback]

Any way to get a preview copy of the vaccination's required, so my SO can have it done prior to receiving the package? Want to do everything possible to expedite my case.

hank,

if you haven't seen the FAQs, there's some vaccination info in there...

pinned in Links and Resources...  Look at P4 specifically and Visa for general.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

135782[/snapback]

David,

Thanks......

One note on this timeline.. The P3 isnt always sent to the chinese benificary.. The petitioner may recieve the P3 instead as was my case and a friends...Mine actually shipped from Washington DC but had the GUZ address on the label.. Im guessing that since my SO has a work mailbox, they decided to ship the P3 to myself instead of her...We lost about 3 weeks because of this... not knowing for sure if they planned on sending us both copies of P3 or just the papers I recieved. IF you the petitioner do recieve the P3, send it to your SO asap and check the forms to make sure they are the most current..the forms we recieved expired in 2004 so I printed out the new ones with a 2007 expiration date on them.

One note on this timeline.. The P3 isnt always sent to the chinese benificary.. The petitioner may recieve the P3 instead as was my case and a friends...Mine actually shipped from Washington DC but had the GUZ address on the label.. Im guessing that since my SO has a work mailbox, they decided to ship the P3 to myself instead of her...We lost about 3 weeks because of this... not knowing for sure if they planned on sending us both copies of P3 or just the papers I recieved. IF  you the petitioner do recieve the P3, send it to your SO asap and check the forms to make sure they are the most current..the forms we recieved expired in 2004 so I printed out the new ones with a 2007 expiration date on them.

135937[/snapback]

What's wrong with this picture.... they sent you expired forms... is there no end to the madness?

One note on this timeline.. The P3 isnt always sent to the chinese benificary.. The petitioner may recieve the P3 instead as was my case and a friends...Mine actually shipped from Washington DC but had the GUZ address on the label.. Im guessing that since my SO has a work mailbox, they decided to ship the P3 to myself instead of her...We lost about 3 weeks because of this... not knowing for sure if they planned on sending us both copies of P3 or just the papers I recieved. IF  you the petitioner do recieve the P3, send it to your SO asap and check the forms to make sure they are the most current..the forms we recieved expired in 2004 so I printed out the new ones with a 2007 expiration date on them.

135937[/snapback]

What's wrong with this picture.... they sent you expired forms... is there no end to the madness?

136118[/snapback]

In an effort to save money (an oxymoron in gov speak), it's not uncommon to send forms till they are all used up...

Some expire but the next version might have something on it stating if the previous versions are still good to use or not till a certain date, etc.

135937[/snapback]

136118[/snapback]

In an effort to save money (an oxymoron in gov speak), it's not uncommon to send forms till they are all used up...

Some expire but the next version might have something on it stating if the previous versions are still good to use or not till a certain date, etc.

136147[/snapback]

I don't know if I should be relieved or not!!! oh, the horror!!! :lol: