Job sites in China

Hi.....
Not sure where to post this at..Anyway does anyone know of any good links for jobs in china?..The closer to Guangzhou the better..Was there last week and saw some but didnt think about it at the time..My wife has her own home in Guangzhou and we have been talking about me moving there instead of her moving here..She has more to lose than I do by moving..So thats probably what we will do...Any advice would be honored......

At one time, I was also seriously considering the move to china and holding off the visa route... and at one time, I had a great number of terrific links for jobs in china... all of which were on my old computer.

But you can put into your browswer phrases like "work in china", "jobs in china", etc and following every link off these pages and there are some diamonds in the rough..

Your plan sounds great. I have also looked at jobs or business opportunities in China and they seem to be increasing steadily. Since you want to be where she is then why not have her start looking for the best job nearby. Just searching jobs is very general. Tell her your interests and qualifications. Even email her your resume. Technical services and teaching English are the majority of jobs available for foreigners. There are pitfalls with taking jobs from the internet in China. Sometimes it isn't what was discussed. But with her there you have a definite advantage for making a deal. After you are there it appears to be very easy for foreigners to make connections and get a better job.

At one time, I was also seriously considering the move to china and holding off the visa route... and at one time, I had a great number of terrific links for jobs in china... all of which were on my old computer.

But you can put into your browswer phrases like "work in china", "jobs in china", etc and following every link off these pages and there are some diamonds in the rough..

134447[/snapback]

Thanks David....I finaly made it to Guangzhou 22nd of june and stayed until 4th of july..meet parents in xi'an..That was a real honor..she surprised me with that one..man talk about butterflys in the stomach!!!..her mom and sister in law cooked dinner..kept bringing plate after plate..we must have ate in every resturant but mom and sis beat them hands down..made a pig of myself..have a new mane now to..Comrade Joseph :D ...Thanks for the leads..cant sleep so will dig into them now..

Your plan sounds great. I have also looked at jobs or business opportunities in China and they seem to be increasing steadily. Since you want to be where she is then why not have her start looking for the best job nearby. Just searching jobs is very general. Tell her your interests and qualifications. Even email her your resume. Technical services and teaching English are the majority of jobs available for foreigners. There are pitfalls with taking jobs from the internet in China. Sometimes it isn't what was discussed. But with her there you have a definite advantage for making a deal. After you are there it appears to be very easy for foreigners to make connections and get a better job.

134465[/snapback]

Sounds great!! thanks much for advice..I knew she had a good life in china...and i knew her parents are i'll..mostly her dad..he is 81 now..when i meet them amys mom had to help him walk from the bedroom to living room...that was a real honor ya know..felt so humble when i saw her helping him from bedroom just to meet me..realy cant describe how that felt..was so worried what they thought of me..cant speak mandarine good yet so i'm sure ya know how that felt..found out fast it didnt matter...I know am welcome into the family..what a great feeling....Thanks for the leads!...will dive into them now...

You can try www.chinahr.com. (I'm a little partial to them since my company, monster.com, has just recently purchased 40% of Chinahr.)

While i was in shenzhen, i also noticed signs everwhere for www.jobsdb.com.cn and there is also www.51job.com

-- wulongtea

134637[/snapback]

Yes...i guess i was to busy wraped up in my wife or something when i was there..june 22nd-july 4th..riding in a taxi, a bus or walking down the road..couldnt belive how many roadside signs there was about jobs..Thanks for the lead!!!...will check them now...realy though monster bought 40% of them??..Shenzhen?..spent a day there..on the way back from HK we had to stop for wife to fix some things at work..meet the people she works with..Thats another reason when was there started thinking what i would be taking her away from..I have much less to lose than her...When i asked her about it all she said was she was scared to ask me...not sure why though..always told her where we lived i realy didnt care..Thanks for leads!!!!!

Sounds great.

I am not sure of your career background or profession, but an idea to me for some time is acting as more or less a consultant for US istributors.

I have seen some of the b2b networks, and there is the laowai there, who will find the best product/price/quality for foreigners for a fee. Also can camp out and follow up on production of orders.

I have a little expereince with my own products, but can see there is a great demand if you package it right. GZ and SZ are the hubs to most manufacturing coming to US, especially furniture and building materials of all sorts. Something I have thought about.

Hope this can help.

I'm thinking of retiring in about 4 years, I would like to start a consulting business in Construction Management.