My Fiancee still does not have her police report. Today she found out that there is a notary that can give her a report that saying she does not have a police record in china,... hmmm?, that does not sound like what she may need in the interview. I'm hoping there can be an answer for here when she wakes up. I do think it is late in the game for us not to have the police report yet. Please help.

How long should it take for her to get the report?
I have heard mention of her "houko"??? ...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The local Notary can provide her with the information she needs to get this done, I believe she will need her household book and ID card for this.

The translated police report normally is done at the Nortary, my SO had to present some papers with the Police and pay the fee, we then took that paper to the Nortary and had the police report the next day.

The local Notary can provide her with the information she needs to get this done, I believe she will need her household book and ID card for this.

The translated police report normally is done at the Nortary, my SO had to present some papers with the Police and pay the fee, we then took that paper to the Nortary and had the police report the next day.

134074[/snapback]

This is to say that she must begin at the police station, right?

My SO seems to be not sure of where she should get this information. It is my thought that she will need to get documentation from more than one place, because.... She must have a "Police report from every place she lived since 16 years old"... she's 40 now, so I would think she has a few places to contact for this information

How long should it take for her to get the report?

I have heard mention of her "houko"??? ...

134059[/snapback]

The hukou is the city where she is registered and that is where the police report should be from.

134075[/snapback]

I'm not sure if she is registered anywhere, she lived in US for six prior to 2004 give or take a few years. So this is a little confusing.

This is to say that she must begin at the police station, right?

My SO seems to be not sure of where she should get this information. It is my thought that she will need to get documentation from more than one place, because.... She must have a  "Police report from every place she lived since 16 years old"... she's 40 now, so I would think she has a few places to contact for this information

134076[/snapback]

The police station is correct and she will need a police report from every city she lived in since age 16.

Remember, the shelf life of the Police report is limited to 1 year.

[.... She must have a "Police report from every place she lived since 16 years old"... she's 40 now, so I would think she has a few places to contact for this information

134076[/snapback]

I know that the visa info states this about a police report from every city...but my understanding is that there is really only one police report available and anything on one's record would have been reported back to their hometown.

[.... She must have a "Police report from every place she lived since 16 years old"... she's 40 now, so I would think she has a few places to contact for this information

134076[/snapback]

I know that the visa info states this about a police report from every city...but my understanding is that there is really only one police report available and anything on one's record would have been reported back to their hometown.

134082[/snapback]

She is from LouYang, but has not lived there for many years(when she was a child, maybe 16), she currently lives in Beijing. Are you saying she may need to go through Louyang to get the police report?

One police report for ALL of China...  not separate ones. Just make sure it is stated as for ALL of China.

Nothing needed for her stay in US.. that is done during namechecks...

134086[/snapback]

Hopefully this will help... I don't think she beleives me... Maybe your suggestions encourage her

134082[/snapback]

She is from LouYang, but has not lived there for many years(when she was a child, maybe 16), she currently lives in Beijing. Are you saying she may need to go through Louyang to get the police report?

134085[/snapback]

WHere is her Hukou ? That is where she should be getting it. Start here. If she can get it for "all of CHina", your done.

She can go to the Beijing locations just to confirm and say a trip in case there's another way...

P.S. I just had to fix the quote issue too ! :D

WHere is her Hukou ?  That is where she should be getting it. Start here.  If she can get it for "all of CHina", your done. 

She can go to the Beijing locations just to confirm and say a trip in case there's another way...

P.S.  I just had to fix the quote issue too !  :P

134089[/snapback]

whoa, you have to check to see if it's "all of China"??? shoot, i might be too late on this, as my fiancee's sister is apparently picking it up this week. (she lived in Beijing for a few years, so she definitely needs it for all of China). i gotta call her first thing tomorrow!

man, everyday it's something new! How do you guys deal with the frustration, any suggestions? :D (i need to relax :lol: )

The one we got in Shanghai says XXXX born on xx-xx-xxxx (date), now residing at xxxxxxxx had no record of criminal sanctions during her residence in CHINA up to (the date of) xx-xx-2005.

I also believe you will find some old threads on this subject and GENERALLY GUZ accepts it for the whole country. (Someone previously was trying to get P.C.'s for multiple places in China BUT I BELIEVE that their hukou checks the reference base for the entire nation. acw

In China, Japan and Korea the family registration system is used. It contains all personal data from birth to death and is kept at your hometown. This is where the notorial information is taken from to meet the visa information request. There is only one source unlike the U.S. where it is disjointed and information can be left anywhere you have been during your lifetime. In the U.S. they are still linking this information and it is nowhere as complete as the Asian countries that have done this for hundreds of years. Us USCs in our 40s & 50s have history that has not been put on computer so to provide the documents needed for our SOs would be impossible.

For Chinese born before 1970's there may be many records missing but the notary can create the document from information provided.

Because of this difference between the U.S. and Asian countries in personal data maintenance there is often confusion about what is needed by the USC. Leave it to your SO. They know what is meant by these documents. In China only one source is needed for documentation no matter where or how many places the SO has lived.

In China, Japan and Korea the family registration system is used. It contains all personal data from birth to death and is kept at your hometown. This is where the notorial information is taken from to meet the visa information request. There is only one source unlike the U.S. where it is disjointed and information can be left anywhere you have been during your lifetime. In the U.S. they are still linking this information and it is nowhere as complete as the Asian countries that have done this for hundreds of years. Us USCs in our 40s & 50s have history that has not been put on computer so to provide the documents needed for our SOs would be impossible.

For Chinese born before 1970's there may be many records missing but the notary can create the document from information provided.

Because of this difference between the U.S. and Asian countries in personal data maintenance there is often confusion about what is needed by the USC. Leave it to your SO. They know what is meant by these documents. In China only one source is needed for documentation no matter where or how many places the SO has lived.

134610[/snapback]

Thanks Goat, I will make sure she reads your quote.