Received Date....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Indeed, the process of obtaining a Visa for our loved ones is hard enough, but it becomes more muddled when the Government itself is inconsistent when it references dates.

Okay, here's the deal....

1. On June 6, I mailed my I-129F to the Texas Service Center (TSC)

2. On June 21 I received my NOA-1 from the California Service Center (CSC). This form includes a block in the upper left of the form labeled:

"Received Date"

June 9, 2005

Directly below this block is:

"Notice Date"

June 17, 2005

Now, my question is...when I go to the USCIS website and retrieve my information it states:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on June 17, 2005

Rather confusing, would you not agree? :blink: <_<

Now, I agree that we all can speculate as to why this may be, but indeed it's the nomenclature itself that is misleading.

J & L

Indeed, the process of obtaining a Visa for our loved ones is hard enough, but it becomes more muddled when the Government itself is inconsistent when it references dates.

Okay, here's the deal....

1. On June 6, I mailed my I-129F to the Texas Service Center (TSC)

2. On June 21 I received my NOA-1 from the California Service Center (CSC). This form includes a block in the upper left of the form labeled:

"Received Date"

June 9, 2005

Directly below this block is:

"Notice Date"

June 17, 2005

Now, my question is...when I go to the USCIS website and retrieve my information it states:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on June 17, 2005

Rather confusing, would you not agree? :blink:  <_<

Now, I agree that we all can speculate as to why this may be, but indeed it's the nomenclature itself that is misleading.

J & L

134050[/snapback]

Sounds like you cleared the CSC Mailroom on the 17th.

NOA2 is the important one.

Texas must be overloaded with Mexicans. :shutup:

Guest ShaQuaNew
Sounds like you cleared the CSC Mailroom on the 17th.

NOA2 is the important one.

Texas must be overloaded with Mexicans. <_<

134063[/snapback]

Actually, the package is listed as:

Received by CSC on June 6, 2005

NOA is June 17, 2005

...precisely as previously stated. The form allows for these entries, specifically:

The I-797C, Notice of Action form contains the following fields...

1. Received Date

2. Notice Date

I'm simply referring to the inconsistency in nomenclature used by the USCIS. Again, the USCIS refers to the "Received Date." When you look at your I-797C, you will clearly note these fields.

J & L

Actually, the package is listed as:

Received by CSC on June 6, 2005

NOA is June 17, 2005

...precisely as previously stated. The form allows for these entries, specifically:

The I-797C, Notice of Action form contains the following fields...

1. Received Date

2. Notice Date

I'm simply referring to the inconsistency in nomenclature used by the USCIS. Again, the USCIS refers to the "Received Date." When you look at your I-797C, you will clearly note these fields.

J & L

134066[/snapback]

My NOA1 has:

Rec 03/31 and notice of 04/01

Envelope is postmarked 04/02

My NOA2 Has:

Rec 03/31 and notice 08/12

One thing I noticed on NOA2 is the

Beneficiary has an "A" number.

Guest ShaQuaNew
My NOA1 has:

Rec 03/31 and notice of 04/01

Yep Pete,

appreciate your feedback. I realize that this is hardly something to be overly concerned about, but it's just one of those things that we all should watch for during this process. Usually most Americans are careful to carefully check important forms for accuracy, which is the only reason that I noticed this.

Still, it's confusing now that I've registered with my account number on the USCIS website so that I can track the progress of my package. I simply noticed that the USCIS site showed:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on June 17, 2005; when in fact their own form shows a block labeled with: "Received Date" on June 6, 2005. I think the USCIS is themselves confusing the Notice Date, with the Received Date.

J & L

Yep Pete,

appreciate your feedback. I realize that this is hardly something to be overly concerned about, but it's just one of those things that we all should watch for during this process. Usually most Americans are careful to carefully check important forms for accuracy, which is the only reason that I noticed this.

Still, it's confusing now that I've registered with my account number on the USCIS website so that I can track the progress of my package. I simply noticed that the USCIS site showed:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on June 17, 2005; when in fact their own form shows a block labeled with: "Received Date" on June 6, 2005. I think the USCIS is themselves confusing the Notice Date, with the Received Date.

J & L

134079[/snapback]

Cool.........

Start planning you next trip.

Have fun while you wait. :D

Guest ShaQuaNew
Cool.........

Start planning you next trip.

Have fun while you wait. :D

134081[/snapback]

....I knew when I started this it would probably take at least 12 months. I'm anal though, and while I wait I like whining about inconsistency...

:lol:

....I knew when I started this it would probably take at least 12 months. I'm anal though, and while I wait I like whining about inconsistency...

:lol:

134092[/snapback]

There's just too much other good stuff to whine about in this process.. save the energy for later ! :D :lol:

Through this stage, only two thoughts are needed:

1) Withholdth the RFE

2) Cometh the NOA2

Guest ShaQuaNew
There's just too much other good stuff to whine about in this process.. save the energy for later !    :D  :blink:

Through this stage, only two thoughts are needed:

1) Withholdth the RFE

2) Cometh the NOA2

134099[/snapback]

Yeah David...

I noticed in your timeline that you had an RFE (Request for Evidence), which rather surprises me as you seem like you are quite thorough. I know, I know, I'm a mere grasshopper to those of you that have endured the advanced stages, but to be sure, every phase of this process requires patience and endurance; and a sense of humor too.

Yeah David...

I noticed in your timeline that you had an RFE (Request for Evidence), which rather surprises me as you seem like you are quite thorough. I know, I know, I'm a mere grasshopper to those of you that have endured the advanced stages, but to be sure, every phase of this process requires patience and endurance; and a sense of humor too.

134116[/snapback]

Believe me.. I was ticked !

I had already found two errors in the visa service documents they prepared for me.. I reviewed every block they entered.. Then got a new set from them.

My RFE was actually an annotation on my NOA1 stating that the divorce degree I sent them was "Judgement of Nisi" and not "Absolute".. I had no idea of which is which... but the visa service should.

added comments: Since the document was the wrong one, that meant my divorce date I put in the other filled in documents were wrong (I used the date in the document originally submitted), and I had to point that out to the visa service as well !!

But they knew how to handle that without needing to re-submit forms again.. you can take care of that in the cover letter.. and it worked.

I sent that off and thank god I was VSC, since the delay was minor.

I never depended on anyone else again...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)