Do I Need To The I-765

After spending so much on the K-1 Visa, I was shocked to learn that the

I-485 is another $315. To pour more salt in my wounds, I learned that the

I-765 is another $175.

Do I really need to file the I-765 if my wife wants to work? Can't she work once we get her social security number? :blink:

The expenses are driving me up the wall.

Technically the K-1 visa alllows your wife to work for I believe 90 days. Unfortuately the SS office usually stamps the SS card eligible to work with authorization only and most employers are reluctant to hire a person that may have to quit as soon as they are trained. Best to bite the bullet and get the EAD if she wants to work before the green card comes.

The technicallity is that the !-94 entered in the passport does not allow working unless stamped with the Employment Authorized stamp and most POE do not do that anymore (is JFK still doing it?) there is no way to qualify for work even with a SSN. Another ID would be needed with the SSN like a state ID.

To hire an employee in the United States an employer must fill out an I-9 form

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-9.htm. this is the form the second page lists acceptible documents for work. During an audit an employer may be fined $250 per missing line of data or $2500 for not having the form. This is for each employee. During an audit the officer congratulated me because with 65 employees my fine was only $2000, the lowest she had ever seen. It was for forms for 3 USCs whose paper work had not been updated as required.

The technicallity is that the !-94 entered in the passport does not allow working unless stamped with the Employment Authorized stamp and most POE do not do that anymore (is JFK still doing it?)

Last time we discussed this, JFK and Dallas got the vote.. also see the link by PJ, very interesting POE search.

Which POE gives EA?, We're looking at JFK, Chicago or SFO....

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....a9ae9e10a0aa7c9

After spending so much on the K-1 Visa, I was shocked to learn that the

I-485 is another $315.  To pour more salt in my wounds, I learned that the

I-765 is another $175.  

Do I really need to file the I-765 if my wife wants to work?  Can't she work once we get her social security number?  :ph34r:

The expenses are driving me up the wall.

My qizi is on her 2nd EAD............Just pay the 'man'!.... :ph34r: