About those D0S calls..

Gang

This morning at 7.30 CST, I called the Dos line.. On hold for 20 mns...

Then, thank God, Sarah picks up. What a nice lady !

Gave her GUZ number.. She said her computer was frozen and she would call me back at the number I gave her.. Well.. 35 mns later sheactually did.

Like most of ours , my fiancee is not in the system as "cleared" , but Sarah did confirm that we ought to wait a few days before calling them back, for GZ to update their files ( yes, she said "thousands" of clearances were received by GZ )

She confirmed that DoS 6631225 line gets the info after the consulate enters them in their system... In another word, D0S "Background check" division or whatever it's called, cable clearances to consulate, which in turn enter the info for visa release, then the public info line gets updated.. Because GZ received so many clearances, Sarah told me it might take a few days for "cleared" to show in their own system , here in the U.S

The bottom line is: If DoS says "pending" or not cleared "yet" , it does not mean clearance was not received by GZ.

Just thought that might clear a few things up.

So we need to be a bit more patient, as GZ will not check on individual cases right now, and DoS public line info is well..not very reliable right now

Guest houston

Thank you, Eric.

Your post has confirmed my guesswork that I posted on 001 earlier today. In order to have those anxious girls who have not got any confirmation for their cases calm down and be confident , I told them almost exactly the same as what you got from DOS. Some girls believed and some doubted. Now, we have reason to believe that NEXT WEEK would be the real big and exciting week!

I cannot wait to reserve flight tickets!! Tickets around Christmas are really in short supply! :unsure: