AOS appointment canceled?

Today, June 28th was the fingerprint appointment for my wife. One was a 2nd 10 fingerprint done digitally this time(last time was ink and roller on a FD-258 card) and the other was an index print for her 2nd EAD card.

These were done in Norfolk, which by the way, it is easy to get there but it is still a 550 mi. RT for us. The appointment was at 11:00 this morning. While we were there, I asked the nice lady if we could get my stepdaughter's print done as well. I had called on the phone and they set it up for her on July 8. I told the nice lady that two trips to Norfolk in 10 days just to get fingerprinted is a little rough on us. The lady said it wouldn't be any problem. So I got them both signed in and got there photo taken along with prints. My stepdaughter, who is now 14 but was 13 when I sent her I-485 in, was only giving an index print and a photo. I questioned this before leaving and was told that is what the ACS code on her I-797 says.

Okay, we got out of the office about 11:30 and hit the road back home. We got home at 4:30. I just checked my yahoo email and there were 5 emails from USCIS-CSS0 pertaining to my wife's AOS case listing her MSC number. I read the email and it said, "INTERVIEW CANCELED!"...

I have an USCIS account so I checked it. I have both my wife's and stedaughter's AOS listed on the site. I looked at my wife's to see it now says interview canceled. My stepdaughter's still says the same as it did in August 2004. Both though, had been updated to show todays date, June 28, 2005!

What to make of it???.... :o

Well, on the phone to "you know what" number...:lol:

Oh, I failed to mention that my wife had her I-693 doctor's appointment on 06-17 complete with shots and a physical at $178 and the hotel reservations I made online in Fairfax for the 07-12 AOS appointment.

Man!...talk about being put out and inconvenienced by your own goverment!... B)

I think I can cancel the hotel reservations but can I get my $178 back from the surgeon general???..........yeah right! :P ,,,besides, it's been nearly 2 weeks and haven't received anything from that doctor's office!.......argh!!.....:angry: again!!!

Curious-er and curious-er. I don't know what to make of it. Let's try out some scenarios:

1. The lady inputting your biometic data accidentally keyed in the wrong information and the system cancelled your appointment.

2. The biometics flagged something (unlikely) that put the matter on hold.

3. Everything is copacetic. Your wife doesn't need an interview anymore, and she'll get the "Welcome to America" letter shortly. Your step daughter is unaffected. I know of one case where the wife got her green card without an interview, but one of her children is still in the interview queue.

4. Someone updating the database keyed in the wrong MSC number.

So far, your chances are 3 out of 4 that something got screwed up. I can't wait to hear what USCIS has to say about this.

According to my wife, there are a couple of topics on 001 similiar to ours.

They ignored the cancellation letter and went to their scheduled interviews anyways! and came out getting the greencard!...

Hmmm...sounds like a plan! I can pack all our evidence in a black attaché case and go to Washington D.C., but I'll make damn sure not to stop in front of the Capitol Building on our way to the appointment!........... :P

• 3 weeks later...
Curious-er and curious-er.  I don't know what to make of it.  Let's try out some scenarios:

1.  The lady inputting your biometic data accidentally keyed in the wrong information and the system cancelled your appointment.

2.  The biometics flagged something (unlikely) that put the matter on hold.

3.  Everything is copacetic.  Your wife doesn't need an interview anymore, and she'll get the "Welcome to America" letter shortly.  Your step daughter is unaffected.  I know of one case where the wife got her green card without an interview, but one of her children is still in the interview queue.

4.  Someone updating the database keyed in the wrong MSC number.

So far, your chances are 3 out of 4 that something got screwed up.  I can't wait to hear what USCIS has to say about this.

131826[/snapback]

Say Frank, I think your #3 may have been correct. I checked my email to find a message from CIS sent yesterday. The message reads as follows:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSC04xxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 13, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a

new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case

status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or

advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please

contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice

that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Hmm....maybe by going to this appointment has set us back about 2 mos. or so? A "new" card they say? My wife never had an "old" card!

Who knows? CIS never gave us any kind of a clue on anything at all!... :ph34r:

Hope everything will work out fine. I'm getting ready to apply for Ella & Kelly's 10yr green card. Don't seem possible.

Good Luck,

Tine & Ella

136657[/snapback]

Thanks Tine,

After waiting 20 months, my wife finally got her GC.

On June 28th, I took my wife to Norfolk, VA for fingerprints. Afterwards, USCIS sent an email saying our AOS appointment has been canceled! We went to the July 12th appointment in DC anyways and was processed and approved.

I wish CIS would at least give a reason why the appointment was cancelled in the email they sent so that we could've plan better.

Good luck to you three on the appointments.

A 'piece of cake', I'm sure...... :ph34r:

Thanks Tine,

On June 28th, I took my wife to Norfolk, VA for fingerprints. Afterwards, USCIS sent an email saying our AOS appointment has been canceled! We went to the July 12th appointment in DC anyways and was processed and approved.

I wish CIS would at least give a reason why the appointment was cancelled in the email they sent so that we could've plan better.

A 'piece of cake', I'm sure...... B)

136712[/snapback]

Apparently you forgot the wonderful world of GZ. :P

Silly man, you think they would want to give you a clue? :D

Thanks Tine,

A 'piece of cake', I'm sure...... :P

136712[/snapback]

Apparently you forgot the wonderful world of GZ. :rolleyes:

Silly man, you think they would want to give you a clue? :D

136727[/snapback]

GZ was never a problem. It's CIS who has been the problem.

I don't know how the consulate is now but in our visa waiting time, I could send an email to GZ and get a reply in 2 hours! A canned response sure, but a quick one! And as far as calling GZ, there was a "back door" to that also....B)

Funny that you bring this up about GZ. I was thinking about posting the "back-door" thing in m-coon's "contacting" post but it is old news.

Well Ty, I guess USCIS didn't want you to be alone. My step son just got an NOA canceling his September AOS interview. Reason? "...unforseen circumstances." I guess I'll give them a call next week and see if I can find out the skinny. Maybe they decided to just issue the green card without an interview...NOT.

this is fascinating stuff, and so curious!!!

Well Ty, I guess USCIS didn't want you to be alone.  My step son just got an NOA canceling his September AOS interview.  Reason?  "...unforseen circumstances."  I guess I'll give them a call next week and see if I can find out the skinny.  Maybe they decided to just issue the green card without an interview...NOT.

136944[/snapback]

WoW! Frank. What comes around goes around. They didn't give me any reason at all! The letter just said "the interview has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled."... :lol:

Now what exactly does that mean??? and it did me no good to call CIS on it, as usual! So I decided to go anyways.

If this thing means that they'll send the card instead then they should let us know! Not leave us hanging!...good grief!

Anyways, Frank, good luck on it and if you are not satisfied with the CIS rep, go to the appointment anyways!