DECLARATION FORM UPON ENTRY

I've taken two United flights from china to US.. both going through Chicago as POE.

The crew on both trips (to US) had attendents who could speak chinese and they were very, very sensitive to getting all over the plane to help non-english speaking passengers in need...

You will also see some chinese trying to help other chinese on the plane, although I observed that this 'well intention' often backfired and the card was still wrong. But the attendents got those people new cards quickly and stood by and helped them fill it out...

frankly, their hard work was in sharp contrast to the american attendents...

I can't speak specifically about United Airlines, but the Chinese-based airlines (Taiwan and PRC) always have flight crews that are native Chinese speakers. Other international airlines typically have flight crew members who are proficient in the destination language.

You can ask the airline ahead of time about the availability of multi-linqual assistance and documents.

The airlines all have at least a few language qualified flight attendants on their international flights. If it is a direct flight from China to the US there well be someone to help her.

I have flown multiple times there and back, and always see attendants helping with forms, chinese instructions over the speakers..

The airlines are well aware that many many many chinese people fly into and out of the good ol USA..

Hell, she will even be able to take her drivers permit in chinese if she wants..

:blink: