Taking Cash to China

I think the thing to do is to have some pants custom made of only $100 bills .. and wear it over there.. no one's going to believe they are real.. but you'll get a lot of looks ! :lol:

That would be a sight, but it would probably use more than i'm wanting to take!!! Very funny, David!!!

I think the thing to do is to have some pants custom made of only $100 bills .. and wear it over there.. no one's going to believe they are real.. but you'll get a lot of looks !   :lol:

That would be a sight, but it would probably use more than i'm wanting to take!!! Very funny, David!!!

Just a little reverse philosophy.. why hide it when you can wear it ! and a tip is always at hand.. uh.. on the leg at least... :lol:

I think the thing to do is to have some pants custom made of only $100 bills .. and wear it over there.. no one's going to believe they are real.. but you'll get a lot of looks !   :lol:

Just a little reverse philosophy.. why hide it when you can wear it ! and a tip is always at hand.. uh.. on the leg at least... :lol:

I know you have to very careful in china, they are known to steal the shirt off your back, but your pants???? That would be a funny sight!!!

from robsnanningsite.com:

Customs Declarations

As of July 1st, 2005 you can no longer make verbal declarations at mainland (China) customs. Now

upon arrival, and at departure, you must fill out a declaration form. Travelers will have to indicate if

they are bringing a camera and the total value of goods they are bringing into or taking out of China.

The evaluation will be based on receipts. If you don't have a receipt customs will value the item

themselves and if they do you could be forced to pay a duty. Because of this new policy I suggest

you declare everything you will be taking of value here in the states before you go as well. Take

receipts and make sure you get a receipt when you buy something in China. If you do this and are

honest with Chinese customs officials, you shouldn't have any problems concerning customs.

Hello,

I am new here and am visiting China (Shenzhen mainly) for the first time this July. Has anyone thought about openning an account with the Bank of China in the USA? Here is a link http://www.bocusa.com/bocny/

I am sure I will have questions, I am trying to get all my information together. The lady I am seeing was also a teacher and joined the Communist Party for a better position. When I told her I was concerned she quit. I will follow some of the posts on here to start I guess.

Take care

I had $1200. of my travel money rejected by BOC last year but was able to deposit it a little at a time when the tellers could recognize me. I also read about the new declaration forms in the newspaper. The deal is, with 1000 people crossing the border a minute, they really don't have time to read these. When I fill them out without my glasses they couldn't read it anyway.