GIFTS FOR HER PARENTS

Hi Guys.

I am leaving ffor shanghai on the 4th of July for a another 10 day visit with my SO. Hopefully the visit after this one will be for her interview.

Any ideas on what would be an acceptable gift for her parents? My wife suggested American Ginseng, but it does not seem like much of a gift.

:lol:

Any help would be much appreaciated.

99 Ranch has lots of stuff. It might have packages of American Ginseng.

Give them a call. This chain is one of the best in L.A.

99 Ranch Market

668 N 44th St.

Phoenix, AZ 85008

(602) 225-2288

The Korean market might also have it.

623) 915-9330 Western Market 4208 W. Dunlop Ave

The Korean Ginseng is the most expensive and could be brought if you don't find the American. I have picked up packages for gifts at the Incheon Airport while changing planes.

Another good thing to take is SWISS Chocolate, I've had lots of luck with that

I also have taken Vitamins for both of her parents (one-a-day) brand

They were thrilled, to care of health is "Most Important"

I agree on dietary supplements. American vitamins are VERY fashionable in China now. So anything for anti aging, antioxidant or Mineral supplements is greatly appreciated. They will even pass them on to relatives to show their American connection. Antistress or Antioxidant formulas sold here in the $20 range will cost $80 to 100 in Chinese pharmacies. I get the men and women's formulas which impresses them even more :)

Chocolates were good for children but even some children spit it out. Most of the adults I tried to give it to just refused and offered me preserved fruits as "better".

Some things I must always bring with me to Beijing are:

Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner. Wei's friends love it.

Vaseline Baby (scented) Petroleum Jelly - for hands in the winter cold. Not sure how it is in Shanghai, though.

Vitamins - One a Day (men/women),Centrum Silver, Childrens' Chewable multivitamins in the huge bottles from Costco

Trader Joe's Belgian Truffles.

As for more traditional gifts. It's hard to get something for them that they can get over there (or a copy of).