DCF'ed in November, still waiting for P4

Thanks, David, for all your helpful responses.  In addition to the wealth of information, this forum has provided much-needed alleviation for the general worry and anxiety that people in our boat feel.

Now's here another question for everyone:

At that whenever in the future when my wife has her interview, would it be helpful for me to join her in Guangzhou?  I know I can't go in with her, but would it help if I were there so she could bring in my passport, plane ticket, etc?

I would love to go, believe me, but considering that I can only get so much time off of work, I'd rather use that for when my wife's here so I can show her around, and we can go out and celebrate her arrival (using the $800+ that I would otherwise have to use for my plane ticket).

So I think I'd only go if it would make a difference to the one with the power to stamp the passport.  What do you guys think?

135430[/snapback]

This has been a much discussed issue...

The sentimental answer is that to be there supports her emotionally and you can also take care of any denial issues, particularly if the need of a video arises. But if you go, you should have someone at home lined up to help send something if needed.

But the data itself does not support the idea that being present alters the outcome... although some past interviews do show that some VOs kind of expect or have questioned why the USC did not come.

What is most important is that you show an ongoing relationship from initial application to interview.

If you can/have visited more than once, then that is good. Some might go to the interview to add yet another trip to their 'proof' of visitation.

Many express the idea you state.. so your not alone in thinking this...

Hmm... I wonder if our living together in Wuhan for two years, plus dating for nearly a year before that, would be enough. Unfortunately, I don't have any hard documentation to show that we did live together (the apartment was rented by my school). But we've been married nearly 2 years now, and we have some emails from the beginning of our relationship, and lots since I've left. And I've got receipts from numerous phone cards, and I've sent some letters...

Well, I'll start looking at tickets. The sooner you book, the better.

Hmm... I wonder if our living together in Wuhan for two years, plus dating for nearly a year before that, would be enough.  Unfortunately, I don't have any hard documentation to show that we did live together (the apartment was rented by my school).  But we've been married nearly 2 years now, and we have some emails from the beginning of our relationship, and lots since I've left.  And I've got receipts from numerous phone cards, and I've sent some letters...

Well, I'll start looking at tickets.  The sooner you book, the better.

135510[/snapback]

Didn't you register an address of where you were?

You have more time together than most.. so it doesn't seem your relationship can be called in question.

Thanks, David, for all your helpful responses.  In addition to the wealth of information, this forum has provided much-needed alleviation for the general worry and anxiety that people in our boat feel.

Now's here another question for everyone:

At that whenever in the future when my wife has her interview, would it be helpful for me to join her in Guangzhou?  I know I can't go in with her, but would it help if I were there so she could bring in my passport, plane ticket, etc?

I would love to go, believe me, but considering that I can only get so much time off of work, I'd rather use that for when my wife's here so I can show her around, and we can go out and celebrate her arrival (using the $800+ that I would otherwise have to use for my plane ticket).

So I think I'd only go if it would make a difference to the one with the power to stamp the passport.  What do you guys think?

135430[/snapback]

Everyone here will tell you it is always best to go if you possibly can. However we all understand work commitments costs time schedules etc.

I had just come back in January 04 after being there for 3 weeks and my now wifes interview was in March 04 shes a real trooper and liberated lady so had no problem going alone and kicked a** no problem whatsoever you will find all the info here to get you and yours there and through this..

Welcome!! :lol:

Didn't you register an address of where you were?

During our two years living together in Wuhan, the question of registering our address never came up. I had a resident permit, but that only had the school's address on it, I think. My apartment was rented by my school, and I had to check in at the district police station, but don't have any paperwork from that. My wife just moved in with me (back when we were dating). And when we got married, they didn't ask for any registered addresses. They asked for my resident permit and her work permit, in addition to photos and my intent to marry form. And we just continued living together like we had been. Does anyone know when / where / how would our address have been registered? I'm wondering now if the Consulate will be asking for our address registration...

I had just come back in January 04 after being there for 3 weeks and my now wifes interview was in March 04 shes a real trooper and liberated lady so had no problem going alone and kicked a** no problem whatsoever

Glad to know things worked out well with you two. It'll be a toss-up whether I go, almost.