Name Check Delay - No Help From Senator

Has your fiance sent email to Guanzhou? Has your fiance telephoned the Department of State? Sometimes you have to ask the right question to get any real information.

since we have not had P3, so we think we donot need to email GZ. Yes, he called DOS, but they said they can not help us.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has your fiance sent email to Guanzhou? Has your fiance telephoned the Department of State? Sometimes you have to ask the right question to get any real information.

since we have not had P3, so we think we donot need to email GZ. Yes, he called DOS, but they said they can not help us.

Have you received ANYTHING since your NOA2? The next piece of paper you should receive is a notice from NVC (National Visa Center) stating that your fiance's I-129f petition has been received and that it has been forwarded to Guangzhou. That notice will also give you your GUZ number, which is the case number by which Guangzhou and DOS will identify you.

The time between the NOA2 and the letter from NVC really should be no more than a few weeks. Then it is normally a few months until you receive the P3. BUT - GZ won't begin to process the case until they receive an official notification from the NVC.

Here's what you or your fiance should do: Go to the Guangzhou website: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/ and use their email form to send a request for information. Since you don't have your GUZ number, you might not be able to get any information. But at least ask if they have received any paperwork in your name.

Meanwhile, your fiance should contact the National Visa Center to track your case using the case number provided on NOA1 and NOA2.

i have no experience, but i have read that the FBI can be pretty helpful when contacted.

I'm not sure about the FBI. I can try to contact them, but others have said that the FBI was simply rude to them when they were contacted.

Do you know what numbers or individuals at FBI would be appropriate?

I went back to note people with long name check delays.. I believe the first three used a representatives office to help push it along.. You can PM or email them as you want for any info.

Ndjarrett

Maui & China

Mari

Littleturtle

Charon1

Here is info rrylee (Ryan) gave previously on same topic:

If Guangzhou stonewalls you, call Consular Affairs and the Visa Office at the State Dept. in Washington. GZ WILL respond to them and you should get the info you want. And if the State Dept. gets enough complaints, they might put the pressure on GZ to improve, which would help us all.

Deputy Assistant Secretary for Visa Services

Deputy Assistant Secretary for Visa Services

Deputy Assistant Secretary Janice Jacobs

(202) 647-9584

Managing Director Stephen A. Edson

(202) 663-1153

Senior Advisor Diane R. Bean

(202) 663-1155

Bureau of Consular Affairs

Harry S. Truman Building, 2201 C Street, NW, Washington, DC 20520

Fax: (202) 647-0341

Assistant Secretary of State for C.A. Maura Ann Harty

(202) 647-9576

Personal Assistant Bridget Kissinger

(202) 647-9576

wish I could do more...

Thanks again, David. I've been in touch with maui & china (Jon) and with mari. Both gave me some good advice and details about their cases. I'll also contact the others you mention.

Unless GZ screwed up my SO's name when they requested the name check, this doesn't seem to be in GZ's hands at the moment. GZ/DOS send automatic follow-up reminders at intervals during a name check, which GZ has been doing in our case, but that's about it.

Att this point, it seems that DOS just stonewalls anyone who calls, giving only their "name check incomplete" spiel. I can try Harty and the others, but they've not been terribly responsive, as I recall.

I'll keep at the elected rep tack for now unless I come up with a better idea.

Have you received ANYTHING since your NOA2?

In fact, if the namecheck is not finished, NVC will not mail you a lettle. You have to call NVC to ask them, my fiance gets our GUZ number throught this way, it is very common now. I also know 3 girls have been waiting for namecheck over 7 months now, they are K1 and donot receive P3 either.

unfortunately, i have a bad news to you. I heard of girl who was in army long time ago, she is K1, and her second namecheck has been 2 years, and still in pending now.

Unless GZ screwed up my SO's name when they requested the name check, this doesn't seem to be in GZ's hands at the moment. GZ/DOS send automatic follow-up reminders at intervals during a name check, which GZ has been doing in our case, but that's about it.

good point, that's right.. your now the expert on this.. sorry you have to go through this... and anyone else. Your handling it well despite all the BS , I admire that...

Here's something else you can do: Go to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (US CIS) online case status page. It is https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp - click the "case status search" option. Then you can enter the receipt number that was printed on your NOA1 and NOA2. The website will then tell you where your case is.

Have you received ANYTHING since your NOA2?

In fact, if the namecheck is not finished, NVC will not mail you a lettle. You have to call NVC to ask them, my fiance gets our GUZ number throught this way, it is very common now. I also know 3 girls have been waiting for namecheck over 7 months now, they are K1 and donot receive P3 either.

unfortunately, i have a bad news to you. I heard of girl who was in army long time ago, she is K1, and her second namecheck has been 2 years, and still in pending now.

Actually, if you received the NOA2, then the fiance's I-129f petition has been approved and sent to the NVC. The NVC checks their records to find out if there have been previous visa applicatons, etc. If it has been more than 4 weeks since you received the NOA2, then you should telephone the NVC (or your fiance should do this). The number is (603) 334-0700. You must enter the receipt number (same as at the US CIS website) and you'll get information on your case.

Thanks for the info on the army. I am sorry for your friend. I was a bit concerned about this, so I asked the Department of State about it. The DOS told me it usually isn't a problem. At least I hope it isn't.

good point, that's right.. your now the expert on this.. sorry you have to go through this... and anyone else. Your handling it well despite all the BS , I admire that...

Thanks, David ... it's a trial, to be sure. Now my SO is worried that all her notarized documents are going to expire before she ever gets the interview. It's a regular domino effect.

All one can do is keep on keepin' on, no?

Here's something else you can do: Go to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (US CIS) online case status page. It is https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp - click the "case status search" option. Then you can enter the receipt number that was printed on your NOA1 and NOA2. The website will then tell you where your case is.

I didn't think there was any case status after the approval (NOA2)... maybe I'm wrong... at least my case status stopped updating after that.

The NOA2 says the application is approved and going to NVC.. and if four weeks pass without any notice from NVC, to call them...

thanks Zingaro

If anyone knows what numbers or individuals at FBI would be appropriate?

I don't know the FBI numbers - I'm trying to find that out myself.

I don't think the FBI is what you need right now. The NVC does their own internal name check after the NOA2. Later, after you receive the P3, there is another name check - the "second name check". That one involves the FBI and other US security agencies.

If I find out any contact numbers at the FBI, I'll send you an email here at CFL.

Thanks, David ... it's a trial, to be sure. Now my SO is worried that all her notarized documents are going to expire before she ever gets the interview. It's a regular domino effect.

All one can do is keep on keepin' on, no?

well... they could well expire beyond the GUZ litmus... I think the rule of thumb to follow is wait for the P4 and then get the documents.. Maybe feels a little tight to some, but ensures they are without expiration and questioning...

You got to keep on and keep the faith.. your lady is worth any wait... :D