EAD I-765, AOS

I am still waiting for my wife's ( I like the sound of that) EAD approval.

I am a bit confused on where this processing is taking place.

so correct me if I am wrong.

We had her temp stamp at POE JFK and it just expired so were are eager to receive the official card and start working again. Employer said stop until you have the card.

We mailed the I-765 along with the I-485 as you can see on my timeline.

so the process dates I should be checking should be with

1. The national Benefits center MSC for the "I-765 mailed with AOS" status?

2. Our local office for the "I-485" status?

We did have an RFE as you can see for the I-485. (quickly resolved also)

Does anyone know if that would have an effect on the EAD timeline?

I don't think it would

Thanks in advance.

John

My wife got her's in 17 days, I don't know if that is quick or not. Have you checked on the USCIS site to see what the current status is?

Gene:

My SO is also a K-3. She arrived with me last week. I have just filed the I-485 and supporting materials along with the EAD I-765.

Did your SO receive her permission to work in 17 days? It seems much faster than I thought. When I looked at the USCIS website it looked like two-three months. Perhaps I am misreading the thread.

Rupert

Rupert,

No, the NOA1 for I-765 was April 5th and she recieved the card June 17th so about a month and a half. As soon as you get your NOA1 call and make an appointment to do the fingerprints and biometrics for both the 485 and the 765. That has to be done before thay will process the 765.

It took 17 days to receive the card after she had the biometrics and

fingerprinting done.

:D Welcome Home :ph34r:

My wife got her's in 17 days, I don't know if that is quick or not. Have you checked on the USCIS site to see what the current status is?

Yeh... I would say 17 days is pretty fast. I hope this 2 to 3 month countdown does not start after the biometric fingerprinting date.

It sounds like the I-765 eventually goes through the local office?

The biometrics and fingerprints were the only thing at the Local office, the card came from MSC also :huh:

The biometrics and fingerprints were the only thing at the Local office, the card came from MSC also :P

Yeah,,,if you can call local office 230 miles away!... :D

If that's local, I'd hate to see central headquarters......oh yeah,,,,,MSC............duh........:blink: