Interview/P3 List for 4th Week of June 2005

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohioboy -  How does one find out when the "name check and security passed"?  Is that information from DOS or GUZ?  By email or phone call?

Thanks,

Fred

My email to GUZ about this was deferred to the pay for use line. Still don't know the date. acw

Give the DOS a call, I seem to get a better quaility response.

Hard (and expensive) to do from China. The only time I got through to DOS I was simply told "awaiting scheduling"- could not give me a date. acw

Actually there is no indication as of yet of any change in anyway. This is because we do not have any CFL member listed with P3 letter dates to fill in the missing weeks. No doubt there is a large number of lurkers out there who could fill in this missing data for us, but they choose not to. Based on the latest short list of previous interviews, I will give some explanation.

The method that Mark is using for this post is conservative, but not that conservative. If you look at some recent posts of charts, you saw that the start of the interview month is always the longest time waiting people. While we are close to July, if we go with the previous higher percentage of people who got two week notices, assuming they are notified on their P4 letter date of June 28th, they could get interviews July 11th through July 15th, and still fit the previous pattern. If we then take those at the top of the P3 letter dated list (Or closest estimate), we can see that for example, mildbill if he got a interview for the 11th, that would be154 days. Kind of high compared to the recent last few interviews, but well within reason. More importantly, the last person on CFL, had 153 days.

While I usually refer to K1's for a bench mark, the next one that I would use would be F & L, and if they got a P4 next week, and an Interview July 20th, they would be 135 days P3 to Interview. The last three people on CFL to get an Interview average out at 130 days.

What we really have with the available data at this moment in time, is missing people. Until the time passes, and the people who are listed get a P4, we don't know what , if any change has occurred.

( I did not use pkfops as an example, because of the longer time period between P3 recieved and P3 entered date, so is a test case for verification.)

Our CR-1 case is listed but hopefully we will get an interview sooner through our K3. I am so frustrated with that right now. Before I left for China I called DOS and was told the name check was not complete yet. This morning was the first time I called about the case since I got back and I could get no information. It was the rudest call I have experienced yet. The guy was just going to tell me our case is incomplete and hand up, then he told me my question about our name check is "irrelevant". When I told him that the last time I called I was told the name check had been requested but not complete he says he doesn't care what I was told that he has no information to give me. I know people have been able to get name check information from DOS and it is deffinately not irrelevent because we just want to know if we are going to be one of the unlucky ones and stuck in a name check delay. I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully get someone else on the phone.

Lynne:

Thanks for the information. I will change your P4/Interview prediction by using your K3 timeline (it is further along than your CR-1 timeline). I will be adding a new post tonight, so look for it then.

I understand your experience with the DOS. I have called four times, twice I had very nice agents who were helpful and pleasant. The remaining two times the agents were less helpful and not so pleasant. My advice is to call once a week and hope you talk to the more experienced DOS agents.

Mark

you have me as a P3 of 3/28 ... I don't know where that dates from... 

I received P3 on 3/30 and entered in GUZ on 4/8.  I'd prefer posting the latter..

David, fyi.. From that timeline in the link from Mar 05'

March-----------------P3---------P4------P3 to P4

Menqxin-----------03/08/05---06/06/05---83

From this prediction, my interview would be next week. Now my interview prediction date is mid Nov.

The 3/8 date came from the time that I mailed the 230 to NH. (or P3 submitted to NH date for CR1.)

Now my P3 date is 6/4. (or P3 recieved date to GZ)

3 months for a P3 that is not in my hands, that is all on them. 5 months from P3 to Interview is a fair estimate right now, but back only 3 months ago the estimate was only 4 months. they're slowing down.

...but I'm gonna try real hard not to think about that.