For all who have already interviewed

Hi all!

Lisa received Packet 4 yesterday, a month ahead of what we expected (but who's complaining??).

Specific questions:

1) How much time should we allow ahead of the interview date for the medical exams for Lisa and her daughter? We want to have all results back and in-hand without any time panic at the end.

2) Are any of the exam facilities generally better than the others? (shortest time to get results, lowest cost, etc...)

3) Recommended hotels in GZ .. and it doesn't have to be walking distance to the Consulate if it means getting better quality lodging at a reasonable cost.

4) Any other suggestions for someone now going through what many of you have already experienced?

I'll be watching others who interview between now and the end of the month to see if/when visas are granted after a successful interview...

Thanks! And congrats to all for the patience .. it does indeed appear that the worst part of this "drought" is over.

Season's Greetings to you and yours,

Dan

Dallas, Texas

hi Dan, congratulations for got package 4.

1. better to go take medical check as soon as bossible, it takes from 2 to one week depends on which city does she live.

2. I have heard GZ is the lowest cost place for medical check, around 550 yuan about $68

3. many girls (inculding me) chose Xin Hua to live in, cause cheap ($18 per day), has hair dryer, delicious foods on third floor, the onwers there are really nice, they even companied us to consulate day before. T: 020-8188 2688, or 1300 204 5866, name is Xiao Yang or Xiao Fang.

if it's possible for you, please let your girl come to visit our Chinese site, where have all the ifnormations she needs and also she are able to make some good friends there :unsure:

hope hear good news from your fiancee soon! B)

addition:

the Chinese forum :

http://www.001.com.cn/forum/usa/index.html

medical check cost in Shanghai :

800 yuan ($95) this is for K visa, kid under 14 cost 500yuan ($60),plus 50 yuan ($7) each person for HIV test (kid under 14 doesn't require, as I remember), more detail you can let your fiancee either contact me by my email or go find information directly from the Chinese forum, cause it might be much easy for us to communicate in Chinese :unsure:

the hotel I recommanded is 10 minutes walk away from the consulate, if take taxi, cost $0.8, it's a 2 stars standard hotel

if you prefer hotels in higher level, there is another 4 starts hotel 2 minutes walking away from consulate, it cost $100 per day.