Shipping from China

What is the best way to ship clothing and other personal items from China.

For me, it was four LARGE suitcases rolled/carried by yours truly to baggage check in. B) Same thing on our first trip back to China to visit relatives - more stuff. Probably the same thing on our next trip back. :greenblob:

For me, it was four LARGE suitcases rolled/carried by yours truly to baggage check in. :P Same thing on our first trip back to China to visit relatives - more stuff. Probably the same thing on our next trip back. :o

You mean you took 4 suitcases full of stuff made in China and bought in the US back to China... :greenblob: :o B)

Lu Li sent a big box to me by sea, it took 2 months and was really BEAT but everything amazingly survived...If going that route I would recommend extensive cushioning and strong tape... :huh:

You can ship by boat- it should take about a month but can take longer depending where in the states you are from- if you ship a few things in a partial container it won't be too much of a hassle- it's just a difficult process to find a trustworthy shipping company in China. One good way is to find a broker in the US to recommend someone for you- because you will have to have a broker once it gets to the states anyway.

For me, it was four LARGE suitcases rolled/carried by yours truly to baggage check in. :P Same thing on our first trip back to China to visit relatives - more stuff. Probably the same thing on our next trip back. :o

You mean you took 4 suitcases full of stuff made in China and bought in the US back to China... :blink: :o :lol:

Lu Li sent a big box to me by sea, it took 2 months and was really BEAT but everything amazingly survived...If going that route I would recommend extensive cushioning and strong tape... :huh:

Shoot, just about anything I bring with me when I go to China was made there.:D

Actually, after Jingwen got her visa, we went to her home town first to visit. We bought four large suitcases and stuffed them with clothes and other things that she wanted to take to America.

She went back to China later because of he dad's death. When I flew over to join her, I brought a rolling duffle bag with me and we bought another large rolling duffle. Again, these and our regular suitcases were stuffed with more things.

We did not move any furniture, and we left a lot of the electrical appliances there for use by the relatives.

We're headed back to China next year, and I expect that we'll be bringing more stuff with us - that's back to the US, Roger.:P