I-129F NOA1

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hello all. I'm trying to determine whether my I-129F package was lost in the mail. Does anyone recall the approximate numbers of days or weeks it took to receive a letter from your service center after you'd mailed your I-129F?

I've heard that it may take up to 3-4 weeks to receive this letter, which also contains some sort of tracking number that you can use to call the service center for status updates....

Thanks...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks Frank....

I'm a little concerned that there is a problem with them receiving my package as I've not gotten signature confirmation since sending it on 6/6. The post office suggested calling the recipient to see if they've received it, but you know they will not talk to anyone without a tracking number.

I did copy everything, but troubled now that I may have to cancel the previous check and remail the thing. Disappointing for sure that I've lost ten days....

J & L

Don't forget you are dealing with two Govt. Agencies USCIS and USPS, god help you. I don't think I would start canceling checks just yet, give them a few more days, if you canceled a check and it does try to go through and the Govt gets it bounced back????? I think that would create a major headache for you, and you could lose a lot more than 10 days.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks Gene...

Good advice.....I'm not cancelling the check just yet, or re-creating the package, but I can assure you that it's a pain in the A** being completely out of control of what's happening here.

You're right....two government agencies, tightly regulated and moderated mostly by those that are happy to do little more than collect their paycheck. I'm just hoping that I will receive something from the USCIS in the next day or two, which will alleviate at least a little of the anxiety I'm feeling....

J & L

It appears that TSC is still going through to CSC... although some rumors on Visa Journey (VJ) state a belief that TSC is processing, this is premature for now.

The NOA1 could take a few weeks, competing with those at CSC and those coming from NSC...

I'd give it a week or two... if it's in the funnel, there is no time lost.. it just moves along as it can.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Okay...to you all. I do appreciate the input. I know that I am early in my quest, but I'm sure you all remember that each phase has it subtle nuances that can help us all better understand that process.

I agree about waiting a few days, and even on into next week before taking action. It's very curious about the delay however. The $165.00 check has yet to clear. No action on that arena. Nothing in the mail, and nothing from the USPS site to indicate that someone picked up the package and signed for it. I just want to tell my sweetie the wheels are in motion, but sheesh, can't even do that right now...

J & L

I just want to tell my sweetie the wheels are in motion, but sheesh, can't even do that right now...

This reminds me. You might want to start conditioning your fiancee about the long delays that lie ahead. How an American deals with the government is markedly different than how a Chinese deals with the government. One of the hardest things for me to explain to Jingwen was why the mighty United States government, which could move so fast when it wanted to, was so slow in processing our case and why I personally couldn't do anything aabout it. I'm not sure she ever fully appreciated why it took so long. Hell, I'm an American, and I'm not sure I fully appreciate why it took so long. :blink:

Looks like everyone has filled you in on the fine functing of the process you have entered into. Definitely don't cancel tthe check yet. This will cause return of the packet when they get to it. I received the return receipt card back in 5 days from mailing. However my check was not cashed for a month. There has been some that suggest they don't do signature receipt on a daily basis. It has only been 7 working days. I'd give it a week before calling the center. You don't have a postal tracking number?

Guest ShaQuaNew
This reminds me. You might want to start conditioning your fiancee about the long delays that lie ahead. How an American deals with the government is markedly different than how a Chinese deals with the government. One of the hardest things for me to explain to Jingwen was why the mighty United States government, which could move so fast when it wanted to, was so slow in processing our case and why I personally couldn't do anything aabout it. I'm not sure she ever fully appreciated why it took so long. Hell, I'm an American, and I'm not sure I fully appreciate why it took so long.

That's a tough one to explain when even I don't understand it. I'm all for smaller government and less regulation.

I received the return receipt card back in 5 days from mailing. However my check was not cashed for a month. There has been some that suggest they don't do signature receipt on a daily basis. It has only been 7 working days. I'd give it a week before calling the center. You don't have a postal tracking number?

No, no tracking number, but I do have a signature confirmation receipt. This has a tracking number, but is only scanned when someone picks it up. The post office tells me it is possible that a package might be picked up by the recipient (TSC USCIS), and the postal worker may FAIL to scan it.

In the meantime, still no news, and no check cashed.......sorry about the dual thread on the same topic....

J & L

This reminds me. You might want to start conditioning your fiancee about the long delays that lie ahead. How an American deals with the government is markedly different than how a Chinese deals with the government. One of the hardest things for me to explain to Jingwen was why the mighty United States government, which could move so fast when it wanted to, was so slow in processing our case and why I personally couldn't do anything aabout it. I'm not sure she ever fully appreciated why it took so long. Hell, I'm an American, and I'm not sure I fully appreciate why it took so long.

That's a tough one to explain when even I don't understand it. I'm all for smaller government and less regulation.

I received the return receipt card back in 5 days from mailing. However my check was not cashed for a month. There has been some that suggest they don't do signature receipt on a daily basis. It has only been 7 working days. I'd give it a week before calling the center. You don't have a postal tracking number?

No, no tracking number, but I do have a signature confirmation receipt. This has a tracking number, but is only scanned when someone picks it up. The post office tells me it is possible that a package might be picked up by the recipient (TSC USCIS), and the postal worker may FAIL to scan it.

In the meantime, still no news, and no check cashed.......sorry about the dual thread on the same topic....

J & L

The process will probably take 10-12 months.. so she should be aware of that as a minimum...

It took me about a week to get the NOA1 from the Texas Service Center.

That notice will have an "SRC" application receipt number (SRC for Texas - go figure) that will look something like SRCxxxxxxxxxx.

Once you get that number you can go to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp and track your progress.

here is what I have for each center, unless this is out of date:

Fee receipts produced by the five Service Centers begin with the following letters:

EAC/ESC = Vermont Service Center (VSC)

LIN/NSC = Nebraska Service Center (NSC)

RC/SSC = Texas Service Center (TSC)

WAC/WSC = California Service Center (CSC)

MSC = Missouri Service Center (MSC)

Here is the most current guide for all the Service Centers:

California Service Center

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/cal...nia/aboutus.htm

Nebraska Service Center

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/neb...ska/aboutus.htm

Texas Service Center

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/tex...xas/aboutus.htm

Vermont Service Center

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ver...ont/aboutus.htm

Fee receipts produced by the five Service Centers begin with the following letters:

EAC/ESC = Vermont Service Center (VSC)

LIN/NSC = Nebraska Service Center (NSC)

RC/SSC = Texas Service Center (TSC)

WAC/WSC = California Service Center (CSC)

MSC = Missouri Service Center (MSC)

I was thinking more of the standard petition/application receipt number: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scn...ional/index.htm

"...Your Receipt:

After filing your application and paying your fees, you will receive a receipt number. These receipt numbers are very important. Please use these numbers whenever you write to us about your case, and whenever you contact us to find out about the status of your case.

The numbering system used on receipts has significance.

For most applications filed at a Service Center, your receipt may look like this: LIN 99 001 50001. In this example, the LIN represents the Nebraska Service Center, where the application was initially received into the electronic system. Cases that are filed at or received by another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the designation of the originating Service Center:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC

EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC

SRC= Dallas, Texas or TSC

WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

In the example above:

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.

The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken.

The 50001 represents the particular case number. "