Documents for Interview

I know this has probably been answered in another thread, but I am going to ask anyway. Ying has her birth certificate, divorce decree, our marriage book and the translations of all of them, but does she need copies of my birth certificate and divorce decrees? I did not send her those when I sent her the P-3. Please let me know so I can send those ASAP.

I know this has probably been answered in another thread, but I am going to ask anyway.  Ying has her birth certificate, divorce decree, our marriage book and the translations of all of them, but does she need copies of my birth certificate and divorce decrees?  I did not send her those when I sent her the P-3.  Please let me know so I can send those ASAP.

Proof of your citizenship (visa b/c or passport) and divorce decrees should be in the I-130 application, yes?

I seem to recall someone being asked for the divorce decree at the interview, and the SO stating it was in with the I-130 packet (memory could be wrong?)...

Anything that you submitted in the I-130, you would want her to have anyway at the interview.. so by this principle, she should have them ...

Proof of your citizenship (visa b/c or passport) and divorce decrees should be in the I-130 application, yes?

I seem to recall someone being asked for the divorce decree at the interview, and the SO stating it was in with the I-130 packet  (memory could be wrong?)...

Anything that you submitted in the I-130, you would want her to have anyway at the interview.. so by this principle, she should have them ...

Carl BSTS (Better Safe Than Sorry). We are CR-1.

There is an old thread (or two) somewhere here in the PAST where people were asked for a "Certified Copy" of the USC's divorce(s) AT INTERVIEW including ALL pages of the settlement???- blue slipped I recall. Even though WE have submitted them previously they will be available at GUZ.

Per the P-4 instructions ("Bring with you all of the ORIGINAL documents.....") listed on the OF-171 (did not address USC and/or immigrant), we took mine to the medical earlier this week in Shanghai and they did NOT want them in the medical package NOR THE I-864 or ORIGINAL marriage "Redbook"- just the notarized translation.

Noticed you did not list Ying's Police cert.- maybe an oversight? acw

My wife was giving a blue slip because the VO asked her for my divorce decree from my first marriage. She had the divorce decree from my second marriage but not the first.

I'm glad I was there because I called home and got my dad to go to the courthouse and get a copy and fax it to me. All worked out well after that. I never thought they would ask for the decree because I had mailed in the certificates with the petitions.

I would say yes. Give your wife all that stuff. One can't ever be too prepared.

• 5 weeks later...

If she has everything they asked her for, you should be fine.... and good luck with the process....