NOA1 NOA2

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I am wondering if someone can explain the "Accepted" meanings of NOA1 and NOA2. Now, I'm aware that the NOA is a Notice of Action, but I'm wondering if everyone is using it in the same way.

Now that I've mailed my I-129F, it was my understanding the the Service Center would send a confirmation letter to the sender that the application had been received. Isn't it this letter that is the NOA1?

Then, after the Sevice Center reviews the application and associated information, and subsequently approves the application, they will contact the Petitioner to let them know the application was approved. Isn't this NOA2?

I am wondering about this because I'm seeing many timelines showing very short periods of time elapsed from the time the application was mailed until NOA1, e.g., like one day? Curious, and appreciate your help....

thanks

J & L

You understand the NOA 1 and NOA2 concept correctly. As far as timelines that note a mail in date and a NOA1 date one day later, I don't know how they do it? Smoke and Mirrors?? I would guess they are typos. Of all the things I have mailed it has always been 1 to 2 weeks for reciept of NOA1

That's the way I have used the terms. Basically, NOA1 (or P1) is the acknowledgement that the petition has been received. NOA2 (or P2) is the approval notice for the petition. Be sure to keep this NOA2 is a safe place; you'll need it later.

If I recall, I received my NOA1 within a week of having filed the petition. At that time the Texas Service Center was taking 6+ months to process the I-129F, so I didn't get my NOA2 until then.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Just getting a bit worried on this end after sending the I-129F on 6/6/2005 Priorty Mail, with Signature Confirmation. I've not heard anything back, either by confirmation from the Post Office at USPS.com, or letter from USCIS. It's just a little over one week now, so I was really wondering how anyone could ever get confirmation in less than one week from the USCIS that they had receieved the packet.

Anyway, for me at this point, it will just be a load off my mind to know that the USCIS has the packet in hand and my process has begun....

J & L

. It's just a little over one week now, so I was really wondering how anyone could ever get confirmation in less than one week from the USCIS that they had receieved the packet.

The custom that some of use is to put the date on the letter as the date of the P1, P2, etc. The date on my NOA1 letter was 1 day after VSC received it.

• 4 weeks later...
That's the way I have used the terms.  Basically, NOA1 (or P1) is the acknowledgement that the petition has been received.  NOA2 (or P2) is the approval notice for the petition.  Be sure to keep this NOA2 is a safe place; you'll need it later.

If I recall, I received my NOA1 within a week of having filed the petition.  At that time the Texas Service Center was taking 6+ months to process the I-129F, so I didn't get my NOA2 until then.

127818[/snapback]

what is the deal on needing the NOA-2 later?

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Just getting a bit worried on this end after sending the I-129F on 6/6/2005 Priorty Mail, with Signature Confirmation. I've not heard anything back, either by confirmation from the Post Office at USPS.com, or letter from USCIS. It's just a little over one week now, so I was really wondering how anyone could ever get confirmation in less than one week from the USCIS that they had receieved the packet.

Anyway, for me at this point, it will just be a load off my mind to know that the USCIS has the packet in hand and my process has begun....

J & L

127819[/snapback]

be prepared to get a cashiers check for $70 to send to the NVC when they receive the package from USCIS, it will be for processing the I-864, yes, you sent one in already.... don't question it now, just get a 1 day turn-around...

Guest ShaQuaNew
For 'K' Visa's you need the NOA2 for the Adjustment of Status process

136128[/snapback]

This was just a nomenclature question, not one of a technical nature.....

J & L

J & L

127819[/snapback]

be prepared to get a cashiers check for $70 to send to the NVC when they receive the package from USCIS, it will be for processing the I-864, yes, you sent one in already.... don't question it now, just get a 1 day turn-around...

136127[/snapback]

hank..

he is K1 through CSC.. so his process is not like your I-130 (which went through NVC with forms and fees back and forth).

His K1 will have in order:

1.CSC stage

- NOA1 - I-797 to petitioner

- NOA2 - I-797 to petitioner

2.NVC stage

- first name check (US based checks on beneficiary)

- written notice of sending to GUZ from Consular of Bureau Affairs (some do not get this )

- Send electronic notice to GUZ

- Send physical application to GUZ

3. GUZ Stage

- P3 to beneficiary (some go to petitioner, maybe address issue)

- second name check (US and foreign based checks wanted by GUZ; some do not have this but most do)

- P4 to beneficiary

- Interview at Consulate

Jesse, thought you'd like to see this as well in case you were not aware of all the steps...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

J & L

127819[/snapback]

136127[/snapback]

hank..

he is K1 through CSC.. so his process is not like your I-130 (which went through NVC with forms and fees back and forth).

His K1 will have in order:

1.CSC stage

- NOA1 - I-797 to petitioner

- NOA2 - I-797 to petitioner

2.NVC stage

- first name check (US based checks on beneficiary)

- written notice of sending to GUZ from Consular of Bureau Affairs (some do not get this )

- Send electronic notice to GUZ

- Send physical application to GUZ

3. GUZ Stage

- P3 to beneficiary (some go to petitioner, maybe address issue)

- second name check (US and foreign based checks wanted by GUZ; some do not have this but most do)

- P4 to beneficiary

- Interview at Consulate

Jesse, thought you'd like to see this as well in case you were not aware of all the steps...

136155[/snapback]

Thanks, you are all over it, I hope he pays attention to your post...... not mine.....

Guest ShaQuaNew

136155[/snapback]

Thanks David....

as usual, you are most helpful. Has there been any word for you on your P-4?

Jesse

I called DOS this week... got the answer I expect for now, no interview yet.  THere are a few ahead of me anyway.  I hope to hear by end  of July for a Sept interview.  Thanks !

136398[/snapback]

Hang in there and stay tuned to the wealth of knowledge these folks have... you will get all the great info you need to weather the tribulations if front of you......