This is a good site. The information provided speaks in a language closer to what I can understand. Although the whole immigration process is a language and land all of its own. People are friendly herel and this makes the process of immigration more palatable.

I have not put together the proof of income or the proof of Ling and me knowing each other. I have recently filed the I-130 and I-129f. So I am interested in learning about both of these issues now.

I would like to speak briefly about the I-130 and I-129f. When putting these packets together I thought about the people who were going to process the information. They are probably nice people simply doing a job who don’t get paid a lot and yet have a major control of life. So I wanted to get along with them. I made the packets as concise as I could. I made sure the information provided was exact and easy to read. I’m a very visual person and need to see layouts of packets not just explanations in words. There are visual aids available on the internet.

Something that has stuck in my mind for almost a year is this. All of you guys have something like this in your head and heart. The first time I was in Zhuhai we were having dinner with a group of Ling’s friends. You know the round table Chinese style. As we were eating and everyone was talking (I understood very little of what was being said) Ling kept gently putting food on my plate. Being an independent American male my thoughts were, “If I want food I will get it thank you very much.” I did not say anything while this was happening of course. After the dinner I spoke with one of Ling’s friends about this. She explained it was one way a Chinese woman would serve a Chinese man. I suddenly realized how gracious this gesture was. I also realized how little I understood Chinese customs.

I will try and put together a timeline at this point since it is the acceptable practice.

March 2004 met Ling.

August 2004 went to Zhuhai 10 days

December 2004 married in Zhuhai 14 days

Jan. – March 05 gathered information.

April 05 Zhuhai – Beijing 14 days

May 05 filed I-130

June 05 filed I-129f

OK you've filed so take it easy. Relax here in the Official Waiting Room of the Great GUZ while you pile up evidence such as emails, phone call records, letters if you still use snail mail. Did you keep tickets and hotel vouchers? How about pictures with friends and family or just the two of you?

You have some time for that. In the mean time join in you're among friends and a few sheep, goats, yaks and assorted fruit cakes. :P Who said look who's talking? I heard that. :P

OK you've filed so take it easy. Relax here in the Official Waiting Room of the Great GUZ while you pile up evidence such as emails, phone call records, letters if you still use snail mail. Did you keep tickets and hotel vouchers? How about pictures with friends and family or just the two of you?

You have some time for that. In the mean time join in you're among friends and a few sheep, goats, yaks and assorted fruit cakes.  :P  Who said look who's talking? I heard that.  :P

yea.. looks like you have not shaved for a while, based on your picture ! :P

Are there strict differences for the CR1 vs K1 for proof of relationship ??

I found that after a few too many rounds of 'gan bei', I was joining the conversation and somehow we all seem to understand each other... :P  :P  :P

I noticed that too David but I was never sure afterwards if they were speaking English or I suddenly learned Chinese.

I found that after a few too many rounds of 'gan bei', I was joining the conversation and somehow we all seem to understand each other...   :P  :P  :P

I noticed that too David but I was never sure afterwards if they were speaking English or I suddenly learned Chinese.

my chinese got better and better with each round... Yinghanhua at it's best ! :P

She explained it was one way a Chinese woman would serve a Chinese man. I suddenly realized how gracious this gesture was. I also realized how little I understood Chinese customs.

Jingwen still does this even though she's been in the US for over a year. Sometimes my response is "xie xie mama." :P

She explained it was one way a Chinese woman would serve a Chinese man. I suddenly realized how gracious this gesture was. I also realized how little I understood Chinese customs.

Jingwen still does this even though she's been in the US for over a year. Sometimes my response is "xie xie mama." :P

whenever I say , xiexie, I get in response , no xiexie ...

so now I say , "xiexie, no xiexie" :P