2 years after what?

As I read it, we need to file AOS (or removal of conditions) within 90 days of her 2 years anniversary of CR1 issuance. But my wife INSISTS it is within 90 days of our 2 years marriage anniversary. Can somebody please verify the correct timeframe. (BTW- My native tongue is English and the instructions seem clear to me, but... 001 disinformation is hard to overcome).

As I read it, we need to file AOS (or removal of conditions) within 90 days of her 2 years anniversary of CR1 issuance. But my wife INSISTS it is within 90 days of our 2 years marriage anniversary. Can somebody please verify the correct timeframe. (BTW- My native tongue is English and the instructions seem clear to me, but... 001 disinformation is hard to overcome).

Here the events I had documented from someone for my own knowledge.. seems to agree with your reading...

K1

must marry w/in 90 days

then file aos ( no firm time limit, but w/in 180 days of marriage)

then aos interview (varies by location, could be 5 1/2 mos)

conditional PResident (green) card 2 - 3 weeks later.

then file to remove conditions 90 days before 2 yr green card expires.

You are right on this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...php?pg=751guide

"If you receive the green card (permanent resident card) prior to your second wedding anniversary, you will receive a 2-year "conditional" green card . You will have to file an I-751 form to "remove" the conditions of status, in order that you can receive a 10-year green card, which is the "permanent and unconditional" green card. If you are filing jointly, the I-751 form must be filed within the 90 days just preceding the expiration date on your card. This is the date your conditional residence expires. However, if you and your spouse are outside the United States on orders of the U.S. Government during the period in which the petition must be filed, you may file it within 90 days of your return to the United States. It is very important to file the I-751 within the correct window of time, and be sure not to file it before the 90-day window. (If you file it too early, they will send your application back.)"

If you have your AOS interview after 2 years of marriage you will receive a 10 year unconditional green card. Otherwise you get the 2 year green card and need to file to have the conditions removed within 90 days before the green card expires not your 2nd anniversary.

I was a little confused. I was assuming K-3 since you mentioned AOS. If your wife comes into the country on a CR-1 visa there is no AOS. It was already finished when she received her visa. I believe all she need do once she enters the country is go home and wait for the green card to arrive in the mail. If you have been married two years she will get a 10 year unconditional green card. Otherwise you will have to file to have the conditions lifted. I will have to defer to Jenny since I don't know for sure when on a CR-1. I know for K-1 and K-3 it is within 90 days before the card expires.