Inviting Parents

I would like some ideas on this, we would like to know if includeing a letter from our doctor helps in getting parents visa, a friend of ours parents failed the first time and got the visa the second time after including a letter from there doctor requesting that it would be helpful to be here to help there daughter after they had there baby, I say put it in there.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/denials/...nials_1361.html

You have to provide evidence that the parents have strong ties in China. Our government doesn't want them to over-stay their visa. The doctor's letter will hurt the process because it shows that they want to stay here for the baby.

"Strong ties differ from country to country, city to city, individual to individual. Some examples of ties can be a job, a house, a family, a bank account. "Ties" are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence: your possessions, employment, social and family relationships."

Any statement from a doctor that adds health reasons for visiting can't hurt the chances. I would also include the issue that the doctor mentions for needing the visit in your letter. Use the doctor's letter to reinforce your statements. In most cases unless a person was seeking American medical treatment or needed to care for the person in the U.S. (such as during a difficult pregnancy) I doubt that it does much more than add to the appeal for a visa. More important seems to be the evidence showing they must return at the end of the visa. As Tony just pointed out, stress the return rather than reason for going. Property, other children, grandchildren, job or business and etc.

Interestingly Israelis and Europeans do not have to demonstrate this beyond a doubt only swear to it. Where I live many Israelis and Armenians have brought over permanently extended families this way. Ok that's another thread but the anti Asian appearance of application of policy gets me.

I'm interested to see how this turns out- we hope to have his parents visit in the future- one reason is his dad has a heart disease- if we could show he wants to get treatment in the US I wonder if that would help.

Let us know how it turns out and good luck.