still no change from cal ser. center.

After waiting for new post, from Cal. ser. cen. They finally updated from may 18 to june 9. they have not changed from Feb. 28 for last two post.

They must be working on bringing in the cheap labor. My area is a major tourist destination. we have been getting many european college students for about the last 5 years.

Is it all just one big pile? Or do they put the cheap labor on the top of the pile. Or is it just my luck to send in my case at the time they are overwhelmed by work visas?

:rolleyes: I don't think anyone really knows if they prioritize in any manner. I think they process them as they come in. Whats your time line? Are you doing a just a I-130? :lol:

Yes, to answer your question. I only sent in the I-130. It is all I was told to do by immigrations. Then I asked in a couple of places, this one included. I got confused, I was told I was applying for both, k3 and cr1, by sending in the I-130. after I realized there was a difference, I questioned again. Then one post said there isn't much difference in the timelines, one said k3 is a backup, it is all so confusing. I always thought I was a pretty smart fellow. Anyway, now that I know the difference, AFTER TWO MONTHS OF RECIEPT NOTICE, IS IT A BIT LATE TO FILE I129F

No, I only have notice of reciept, dated april 4, 2005 :o I was not made clear on the 129F, untill recently. I am wondering if it is really a bit late to even concider sending in the 129F.

When I was reading the USCIS site, the 129F says if not married yet. You have to go further in to even see anything about K3. It is missleading. They go on to explain about the K3, after one clicks on the 129f section. I am reffering to the forms page.

I'm a little confused. It sounds like you filed the I-130 for the CR-1/IR-1 visa but did not file the I-129F for the K-3. You got a receipt notice for the I-130 dated 4/4/05. I take this as meaning that you received your P1 (Notice of Action acknowledging receipt) and that the files are still at the Service Center.

Should you now file the I-129F for the K-3? I'd say it's a judgement call. How much time, if any, would you save? Is the potential time savings worth the paperwork and the fees?

The I-130 used to take 2 or 3 years. I the I-129 for a married spouse used to take about 8 or 9 months. So if you are married It used to be quicker to get your wife here by filing a I-129 after you filed the I-130.

But a little over a year ago some of the service centers increased the pace on the I-130 and it is taking maybe only a couple of months to process.

And the MSC that process the I-129 for married spouses has slowed way down and is taking 5 to 7 months to process.

So yes, it is very confusing. My thought always has been to file an I-129 also as backup , if for some reason the I-130's slow down again. But some think that is a waste of money.

The I-130 used to take 2 or 3 years. I the I-129 for a married spouse used to take about 8 or 9 months. So if you are married It used to be quicker to get your wife here by filing a I-129 after you filed the I-130.

But a little over a year ago some of the service centers increased the pace on the I-130 and it is taking maybe only a couple of months to process.

And the MSC that process the I-129 for married spouses has slowed way down and is taking 5 to 7 months to process.

So yes, it is very confusing. My thought always has been to file an I-129 also as backup , if for some reason the I-130's slow down again. But some think that is a waste of money.

I know there are some strong voices even at VJ who exclaim "I-129F is dead".. reminds me of the "God is dead" phrase...

But I tend to agree with you Gene.. as a backup and safety precaution to some problem arising with the I-130, makes filing a I-129F worth considering...

You can't mail the 129F with out the NOA1 anyway.

Your I-130 will come back as approved shortly. Then it's off to NVC for about 6 to 9 months and GZ for another 6. hang tight dude.

The backlog reduction only really applies to USCIS. NVC and GZ are both thanking USCIS for the great idea, I'm sure.

I read in a procedure on the state dept web site that the 129F was Manditory, they lost mine in Chicago, but never cashed the check for the app.