AOS interview finally here!

It only took 578 days but we got the I-797C today. The AOS interview is set for July 12th (of this year).

The USCIS never ceases to amaze me, and to think, once upon a time I had high regards for them....:P

Just 2 weeks ago, I called the NCSC number and they told me to set up a fingerprint appointment, for the 2nd time, for my wife. So I did. Set it up for June 28th (of this year).

Last week, I called the NCSC number and they told me to set up a fingerprint appointment for my stepdaughter. So I did. Set it up for July 8th (of this year). They could'nt show enough compassion to have a little ol'e fingerprinting session for my stepdaughter done on the same day as my wife's, being that it is over a 200 mile drive to this place and only 10 days apart for the appointments.

The USCIS had changed my wife's receipt date from 12-17-03 to 07-21-04 and now we have an appointment on 07-12-05 when the office is only showing a current processing date of 04-27-04! Go figure!.......:blink:

Oh well, I'm not complaining (too much). The 578 days for AOS makes the 300+ days for the K3 visa look like a run thru the daffadils!.........:lol:

Sooo, from June 27th to July 8th-12th, we'll just make a big vacation out of it, traveling to Norfolk to Fairfax to D.C. and back!...................... :D

P.S.- 10 mos. (for visa) does not equal 120 days ( as I had posted).........it must be the heat and the excitement!........ :)

Tony, the AOS thing is probably the easiest thing in the whole process. Well at least she is here anyway. It is also the most rewarding. When you get the Green Card in the mail it is an amazing feeling. We shrink types like to call t closure but what it really is is a halt to the insanity. Soon you will look back on the entire experience and think " It wasn't really that bad". Then do a quick reallity check and tell yourself "hell yes it was that bad. Those damned m@$%$%%@%rs!!!"

Thanks fellows. It felt like a long time waiting!

My congrats to you all too on a sucessful AOS interview, first Frank, then Trigg and Dave. I have to admit, I was just a wee bit jealous of you guys. I felt like we were being left way behind!

And Mick!, I hope things are going well with you all. I am sure they are! I remember your long wait but tell me; do you still hold the record for the "longest wait" or am I "the king of wait" now............... B)

-Best wishes to all going thru this thing! From visa to greencard!... :lol:

Thanks fellows. It felt like a long time waiting!

My congrats to you all too on a sucessful AOS interview, first Frank, then Trigg and Dave. I have to admit, I was just a wee bit jealous of you guys. I felt like we were being left way behind!

And Mick!, I hope things are going well with you all. I am sure they are! I remember your long wait but tell me; do you still hold the record for the "longest wait" or am I "the king of wait" now............... :D

-Best wishes to all going thru this thing! From visa to greencard!... B)

Not sure who is the King of Wait; I am pretty close, but some folks in the Black Hole waited even longer. We waited seventeen months for the visa and twenty months for AOS. Long enough I'd say. :lol: