Our govmt at work! I applied for the I129F last november, and just got an RFE for our case. "please submit evidence that the petioner (my wife) is a united states citizen. Include a copy of the passport biographical page"

Ok this is from USCIS. If my wife was a US citizen then i wouldn't be applying for a immigrant visa. They are so screwed up. I want my 165$ back. Just another example of this wonderful process

Mark :wub: :) :D

I'm confused.. do you mean she submitted it and they want it again? Or it was never submitted?

It's a requirement to provide proof of citizenship...

For the Petitioner (the USC), proof of citizenship is required. A birth certificate or passport is generally required to satisfy the citizenship proof.

You do not have to prove your SO's citizenship.

Mark,

The US citizen is typically the petitioner. I don't know any case when the foreign spouse is the petitioner, and I don't think I-129F allows for the foreign citizen to apply for him/herself.

I think the request is for more information about you - your passport, birth certificate or naturalization papers, and form 325 biographical page. Did you include all the required documents to be submitted with I-129F?

yes but they put my wifes name in the letter and i guess think she is the petioner.  I'll just write a letter and send a copy of my passport to them.  I talked to a VO and he was also very confused.  

mark

But they sent it to you, the pettioner.

Did you make copies of everything you sent?

I would go over everything you sent in to make sure all forms were filled out correctly and the required supporting docs were sent in.

It is important to have copies of everything you send the government and to have copies of everything you wife is going to get.

I found out my fiancee was sent the p4 instead of the p3 when we did an inventory by phone after she told me she "got the papers".

Better be ready to deal with these types curves they my throw you.

Remember, the US does not want too many Chinese people in this country.