One last question about Birth Certificate

Hello,

I heard from my fiancee today who spoke with her sister. Her sister said that she can take my fiancee's hukou to the notarial office, and there, they can write down her place and date of birth on a new document and stamp it. Does this sound right?

If they cannot translate it, i think they will just send the chinese form to my fiancee and she will translate it herself, and sign before a notary that she is qualified to translate using the suggested format, thanks to DavidZixuan's previous post in a previous thread ("I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and Chinese languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached Birth Certificate.")

Does this sound good? :lol: Just wanted to check with you all before I have her sister go through with it and mail it to Australia!

Thanks again!

My only concern is whether there is an expectation that the translator is the notorizing person as well.. meaning , they translate it and stamp it.

I know that I have seen a thread on this idea (someone doing the translation themself), and only can remember the feeling that it might be a little risky for the person to claim the translation themself. But memories can be wrong!

Maybe someone has done the translation themself and can comment...