Drivers license in FLA

I filed the AOS for my wife and her daughter on May 20th. I sent it Express Mail and was received a few days later. Her drivers license in FLA will expire next month. Will I receive something shortly than I can use to extend her license. Her K1 visa is to expire next month. How do I obtain something to show FL DMV? Do they send an acknowledgement?

Guest Gene

She already has the license, why can't she just go in and renew it ? Once she has shown all the other proof of ID to get the license she shouldn't need to do it again. :D

A properly filed I-485 keeps the individual legal and "in a period of stay authorized by the Attorney General."

I agree with Gene that the NOA acknowledging receipt should be enough, but I might also bring along a copy of the regulation or policy statement. This link may be the regulation but don't hold me to it: http://www.vkblaw.com/news/eighthundredseventyfive.htm.

Don't was to dis anybody but remember who you're dealing with. If it's something out of the ordinary, my guess is that the DMV will try to knee jerk you with a quick "no".

My wife got her VA driver's license on April 22, 2005 but it was only as good as her EAD card which was set to expire on May 28, 2005.

On May 26, we went back to DMV with her K3 visa, passport and her I-797C notice of AOS receipt.

DMV gave her a year on her DL based on the I-797C.

I think FL will do the same thing. One of VA DMV requirements to prove ID was "a foreign passport with either an expired or unexpired visa and an I-94."

The I-797C was proof of lawful presence.

-good luck