Divorce Certificate

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I obtained a divorce certificate from the first of two previous marriages. Although the information on the certificate is mostly correct, I noticed that:

1. My last name was misspelled with the addition of one letter

2. My date of birth was incorrect

The remaining information on the certificate is correct, including our wedding day and place, divorce date and place, my address at the time of the divorce.

I was married and divorced again after this marriage, but still wonder if these minor discrepancies would be problem when submitted with the application?

Thanks

J

Guest Gene
I think it extremely unlikely that these kind of clerical errors in your document would cause any problems.

I agree with Roger, but if it is not difficult to have corrected you probably should.

I think it extremely unlikely that these kind of clerical errors in your document would cause any problems.

I agree with Roger, but if it is not difficult to have corrected you probably should.

I agree with Gene.. looking into what it takes.. and maybe just correct it ...

you would know the length of time for the correct and any delay this sets you back. Even if you decide to go ahead and file, I'd look into correcting it anyway.