Just Talked to DHL, not very good News

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky
Yea Mark

I think I will just start periodic inquires to GUZ and DOS see what develops. This DHL stufff may be waste and the amusment factor is fading

You know where Canal Fulton OH is ? I spent a few years  there.

That is what I am doing now, even though NVC tell me not to contact, they will contact me. That I can not deal with. With the IR-1, we have to fly back, and I need some notice, not 2-4 weeks. And yes, I definately know wher canal fulton is, just south of Canton, in fact years ago, I used to deliver to a store in Canal Fulton, a distributor of grocery products, but right now can not remember the name.

All that DHL can tell us is that yes, it was picked up, and yes, delivered, and this many still waiting for clearance

We had our case in "clearence delay" for an extra 3-4 weeks. Depending on the DHL person you talk to you may get the actual tracking numbers for all the shipments still in customs, we did. That way you can check it yourself instead of calling DHL and feeling like its a lost cause.

If you know that you are delayed plea you situation to the DHL operator and try to get that tracking number. It's not lost but it seems that a certain number of packeges are flagged to be held for some reason. Again we were in the same situation but now our P3 has been issued and background check cleared. Be patient the more you want to go faster the higher your frustration will be.

Best of luck.

Anne&Steve

Here are the number of days from when the petition left NVC to the P3 date/received for the last 13 people we have data on who are waiting for their P4 (K1/K3 list).

An average of 44 days.

It would be interesting if someone found a pattern of which shipment is the one, and even trying is a good thing. Good work and good try, ed and ying.

Since we appear to be at a cusp with the interviews, and I have not looked at everyones date to see who is over two months, but are these packages really piling up? I mean more than normal? It would seem reasonable based on the above numbers that if you are at 60-70 days without a computer entry, it might be time to start getting concerned. But what can you do when they don't do the work they are paid to do.

I think it is outrageous that this part of the process should take longer than a week or two at best.

There is no one we have on the spread sheet who has reported their petition leaving NVC after 03/30/05 and having it arrive in the Guz system.

Tracking results detail for 7536205784

Tracking summary

Current Status

In transit.

Tracking history

Date and Time Status Location

6/2/2005 5:29 pm In transit. Guangzhou, China

2:03 pm Clearance processing complete. Guangzhou, China

5/31/2005 9:40 am Clearance Delay. Guangzhou, China

9:35 am On Hand at Destination Station. Guangzhou, China

5/30/2005 2:44 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

4:09 am In transit. Kowloon, Hong Kong

5/29/2005 8:49 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Kowloon, Hong Kong

5/28/2005 5:17 am In transit. Cincinnati Hub, OH

5/27/2005 5:04 pm Departing origin. Portsmouth, NH

3:42 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Ship From: Ship To: Shipment Information:

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Ship date: 5/27/2005

Portsmouth, NH 038012901 Pieces:

United States Total weight: 3 lbs

Ship Type: Document

Attention: Attention: Shipment Reference: I-730

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Service: International Express

Special Service:

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Tracking detail provided by DHL: 6/2/2005, 3:49:21 pm pt.