Unmarried Certificate?

Yanfei just called me and she was very upset. She went to get her medical check results and they told her that her paperwork was missing a notarized Umarried Certificate....whatever the hell that is. Isn't her notarized divorce certificate enough?? SHe has this. They told her everything else is inorder but this paper. Her interview is in two days and Yanfei informs me that it takes 5 to get a notarized anything there in China. I told her to go to that notary and tell them she needs this thing finished in one day and how muich will it cost extra to get it done. Any advice?? :lol:

Jingwen's divorce certificate had a statement to the effect that she had not recorded a marriage since the divorce. This seemed to be sufficient. She was K-1.

The medical folks said the same thing about my K-2 step daughter who was 20 at the time. I ignored them, thinking it was the VO not the hospital who determines the sufficiency of the documents. This was over a year ago, so things may have changed.

I believe in the P4 packet that the embassy sent her is a form called the Unmarried Certificate. If this is the form the hospital was referring to, then it has to be signed in front of the consulate(they are the notarizing agency for this form). Since the form comes from the Consulate, and if it was missing, I imagine that they will have the form at the Consulate and she just needs to fill in the blanks and then sign it in front of the VO.

We went through this a week ago so its fresh in my memory.

Good Luck and Best Wishes

Keith and Min

I believe in the P4 packet that the embassy sent her is a form called the Unmarried Certificate. If this is the form the hospital was referring to, then it has to be signed in front of the consulate(they are the notarizing agency for this form). Since the form comes from the Consulate, and if it was missing, I imagine that they will have the form at the Consulate and she just needs to fill in the blanks and then sign it in front of the VO.

We went through this a week ago so its fresh in my memory.

Good Luck and Best Wishes

Keith and Min

I think this is the "intent to marry" for the beneficiary to sign at the consulate:

[9FAM] The Form DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fiancé Visa Application, and the certification of legal capacity and intent to marry, which is contained therein, are both to be sworn to and signed before the consular officer.

I believe she had the exam in GZ.

She just called me again and she is going to go to the notary place tomorrow with a cousin of her's whose husband supposedly is some big wig communist official from Foshan. They are going to take enough yuan with them to try to get it done that day.

Her interview is June 2nd so I hope the cousin w/official husband and the pocket full of yuan strategy works. :blink:

The form I am referring to is specifically called "Unmarried Certificate" it was sent in P4 packet. After the medical exam when she went to get the report they wanted this form and not the one from her City government office that was notarized and translated. The next day in the morning when she handed in all her documents they had her sign the form as well as a few others.. Hope this helps...

I would definetly have the one from the city as well cause its better to have to much than not enough.

Mars, as you can see, there are two documents being discussed here. Best to figure out which one your fiancee is looking for. If it's the Certification of Legal Capacity and Intent to Marry form, David's link will give that to you if your fiancee did not get her copy in the P4. This is not a form that needs to be notarized, but is signed at the time of the interview in front of the VO. Jingwen completed this form in advance but did not sign it until asked to do so by the VO.

By your stating that the medical worker wanted a notarized Unmarried Certificate, I'm wondering if he/she was referring to the second document that many folks provide, essentially a notarized certification that the applicant is not married. Jingwen relied on her divorce certificate with the statment that she had not recorded another marriage. Others have supplied a separate statement.