Chinese languange program

Now that Fanny is here, she is sharing my computer. I added the Chinese keyboard, but that doesn't seem to be quite good enough.

What are some other avenues I could explore to make my system more Fanny friendly? I'm running on Win XP.

Thanks,

PF

You can set up a profile for her that has all the language settings on Chinese simplified. Set the internet browser to Yahoo Chinese or just make the homepage one of the Chinese ones such aas sohu.com, tom.com, sina.com etc or what she used in China.

Have fun playing witth it. I need to fix a problem in mine, it wont load Asian languages. :wub:

That's a great idea Carl. Have you done this? I know you would need the drive and a dual boot installed. The IT man here said you could do that then install on the other drive the Chinese operating system but you need someone reading Chinese to do the install and very microsoft saavy.

He suggested going to the XP set up and setting the location and language as China, Chinese simplified and use it this way as there might be hardware compatible issues with peripheral hardware on the system while using the Chinese OS. I have Chinese friends here who have just used the settings and loaded programs from China but they didn't want the Chinese OS because there are some program conflicts with the American regional coding.

The only issue we encontered when putting the Chinese XP on the new emachine was a lose of audio drivers. No big deal I just reinstalled the drivers and away she went. The machine is pretty good for the cost and is faster than the one I built. But, then I'm no pro.

I regret the switch though. It would be better if operating the computer required learning English. A great incentive for a teenage girl who loves chatting with her friends

I liked Carl's idea of the dual boot. We almost went out this weekend to purchase software. Luckily I didn't. I forgot that the subscription I have with several buddies for Microsoft software includes foreign language versions of XP and Office. So tonight the installation fun begins.

PF

I have a dual boot system with XP and Chinese XP.

I started with a blank drive and installed XP, making pictoral notes of all the screens that came up during the installation and which selections I made.

Then when I installed the Chinese XP, I just made the same selections on the same screens.

Works great but my laopo still prefers to use her laptop!!! :o

(Actually it worked out great because now we can sit side by side and surf/chat)

P.S. If anyone needs a copy of Chinese XP, they are available - PM me.

I'm a computer programmer by profession. I forgot that I subscribe to MSDN, a package from Microsoft for software professionals. It includes all versions of Windows, including foreign language.

Also, Office and it's various pieces. I installed the Chinese version of MS Publisher last nite so Fanny could edit some pics before emailing.

PF