Do I Need Tax papers for interview?

I was afraid I'd have to do a co-sponsor, due to self-employment.

But I took a job last November just for this purpose of the interview.

I do make well over the minimum required needed for the visa.

I have worked there since November 4, 2004, seven months.

They are promoting me to manager this week.

Is this long enough or should I still have a co-sponsor?

On the I-134 it only requests tax papers if you are self-employed. Which I am not any more.

Or should I have my tax papers with just in case they request them?

Thanks.

It is my understanding that it is a combination of your tax return for the last 3 years combined with your current employment. That is why a letter from your employer is important. It will verify you are employed, your current position and show your potential earnings possibility.

Now that being said, if your earnings for the last tax year are below the minimum requirement, it might be a good idea to have a co-sponser just in case the Visa Center does not consider you employed long enough for their purposes.

JMHO

Carl

Self employment does not restrict you from sponsoring. However it requires submitting three years of tax returns to prove your ability to support. The three tax returns must show an average income of over 125% of the poverty level or at least $18,000. This is in lieu of the W-2 and employers letter.

From your timeline you probably wont have another tax filing before the interview. Be sure to keep pay stubs and get an updated letter from the employer for the interview. I would have the three years tax forms also to submit with current employment info. As the job may not have beeen over a year and there is no tax filing showing a year of the job income, they may want the three years.

Unless your 3 year tax returns provide clear and convincing evidence of income at or above the minimum then either win the lottery or get a sponsor. Unless your SO can meet this:

"K-1 petitioners should prepare the I-134 Affidavit of Support, ... However, it is not a required document as long as applicants can demonstrate at the interview that she/he will not become a public charge in the States."

Quote from the GUZ K-1 website.

I don't believe it, not even for all the tea in China!

I was afraid I'd have to do a co-sponsor, due to self-employment.

But I took a job last November just for this purpose of the interview.

I do make well over the minimum required needed for the visa.

I have worked there since November 4, 2004, seven months.

They are promoting me to manager this week.

Is this long enough or should I still have a co-sponsor?

On the I-134 it only requests tax papers if you are self-employed. Which I am not any more.

Or should I have my tax papers with just in case they request them?

Thanks.

are the wages you filed last year meet the guideline?

Although only a year of taxes is required since you are employed, safest to bring three years to avoid any issue.

Remember, since you took this job for the sponsor issue.. when you get to the AOS step, you'll have to fill out the I-864 financial statement as well... this is probably more important an issue to be concerned with.. in terms of having a job and proving income.